Mailing List Archive

Problem with mythfilldatabase
I am getting the errors when running mythfilldatabase

2013-07-16 12:35:33.353727 I XMLTV config file is:
/home/worik/.mythtv/Source 1.xmltv
2013-07-16 12:35:35.335413 I IconData: Updating icons for sourceid: 1
2013-07-16 12:35:35.335774 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier:
basefm.freeviewnz.tv - Skipping channel.
2013-07-16 12:35:35.335882 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier:
c4.freeviewnz.tv - Skipping channel.

The lines from /home/worik/.mythtv/Source 1.xmltv are...

channel=basefm.freeviewnz.tv
channel=c4.freeviewnz.tv

I get an error for each line in Source 1.xmltv

I set the 'xmlid's in /mythweb/settings/tv/channels

What do I need to do to fix this?

cheers
Worik

--
"As I went walking I saw a sign there And on the sign it said 'No
Trespassing' But on the other side it didn't say nothing, That side
Re: Problem with mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Worik Stanton <worik.stanton@gmail.com>wrote:

> I am getting the errors when running mythfilldatabase
>
> 2013-07-16 12:35:33.353727 I XMLTV config file is:
> /home/worik/.mythtv/Source 1.xmltv
> 2013-07-16 12:35:35.335413 I IconData: Updating icons for sourceid: 1
> 2013-07-16 12:35:35.335774 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier:
> basefm.freeviewnz.tv - Skipping channel.
> 2013-07-16 12:35:35.335882 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier:
> c4.freeviewnz.tv - Skipping channel.
>
> The lines from /home/worik/.mythtv/Source 1.xmltv are...
>
> channel=basefm.freeviewnz.tv
> channel=c4.freeviewnz.tv
>
> I get an error for each line in Source 1.xmltv
>
> I set the 'xmlid's in /mythweb/settings/tv/channels
>
> What do I need to do to fix this?

Double check those xmltv ids in the database (via
/mythweb/settings/tv/channels) for sourceid = 1.

Cheers,
Steve
Re: Problem with mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Worik Stanton <worik.stanton@gmail.com>wrote:

> I am getting the errors when running mythfilldatabase
>
> 2013-07-16 12:35:33.353727 I XMLTV config file is:
> /home/worik/.mythtv/Source 1.xmltv
> 2013-07-16 12:35:35.335413 I IconData: Updating icons for sourceid: 1
> 2013-07-16 12:35:35.335774 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier:
> basefm.freeviewnz.tv - Skipping channel.
> 2013-07-16 12:35:35.335882 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier:
> c4.freeviewnz.tv - Skipping channel.
>
> The lines from /home/worik/.mythtv/Source 1.xmltv are...
>
> channel=basefm.freeviewnz.tv
> channel=c4.freeviewnz.tv
>
> I get an error for each line in Source 1.xmltv
>
> I set the 'xmlid's in /mythweb/settings/tv/channels
>
> What do I need to do to fix this?
>
> cheers
> Worik

Is your database in fact being filled?
Re: Problem with mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On 16/07/13 13:09, Steve Hodge wrote:
[snip]
>> channel=basefm.freeviewnz.tv
>> channel=c4.freeviewnz.tv
>>
>> I get an error for each line in Source 1.xmltv
>>
>> I set the 'xmlid's in /mythweb/settings/tv/channels
>>
>> What do I need to do to fix this?
>>

> Double check those xmltv ids in the database (via
> /mythweb/settings/tv/channels) for sourceid = 1.

Yes. My source id is 2 on the page.

That would seem to be the problem. But I do not know the solution.

cheers
Worik

Re: Problem with mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On 16/07/13 13:09, Steve Hodge wrote:
> Double check those xmltv ids in the database (via
> /mythweb/settings/tv/channels) for sourceid = 1.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve

I have been trying to add a second DVB-T stick (that used to work in
another house) and failing. So I had two sources...

I ran mythtv-setup again. Only one source and card and it all works better.

Whew!

Thanks for the help

cheers
Worik

Re: Problem with mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Worik Stanton <worik.stanton@gmail.com>wrote:

> I have been trying to add a second DVB-T stick (that used to work in
> another house) and failing. So I had two sources...

There's your problem. You have multiple tuners, you do not have multiple
sources. In MythTV the source is where the EPG data comes from, though you
can think of it as the broadcaster if you prefer. Freeview is a source,
SkyTV is a source. "Freeview on tuner 1" is not a source it's an input
connection. If you have multiple recording devices all taking the same
signal they should all be connected to the same source.

I ran mythtv-setup again. Only one source and card and it all works better.

Add the second tuner and use input connections to associate it with the
existing source.

Cheers,
Steve
Re: Problem with mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Worik Stanton <worik.stanton@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 16/07/13 13:09, Steve Hodge wrote:
> > Double check those xmltv ids in the database (via
> > /mythweb/settings/tv/channels) for sourceid = 1.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Steve
>
> I have been trying to add a second DVB-T stick (that used to work in
> another house) and failing. So I had two sources...
>
> I ran mythtv-setup again. Only one source and card and it all works
> better.

Why would you have 2 sources? A source is a programme lineup, and should be
identical on each of your DVB-T devices.

So enter your new card in "capture cards"
Ignore "Video sources" - you have already set that up for the first card.
Connect the new card to your existing source in "input connections"
Re: Problem with mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
CHEERS STU