Thanks in advance - and apologies if this sort of email gets in the way
of more interesting stuff.

Evan Giles

Re: EPG Data [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 3:24 PM, Evan Giles <evan@catalyst.net.nz> wrote:
> Hi Hads
>
> I hear that you provide the EPG data for mythtv in NZ (which by the way
> I have been using very happily for a while - thank you)
>
> I also hear that you apply hacks to the data to overcome the vagueness
> of the broadcasting people...
>
> With that in mind, would it be possible to massage the "Dr Phil"
> listings into something more consistent? I have just had it pointed out
> to me by my wife that I have missed todays recording.
>
> It seems that it is sometimes listed as "Dr Phil" (7th Oct) and
> sometimes listed as "Dr. Phil" (8th, 9th 10th Oct).
>
> Thanks in advance - and apologies if this sort of email gets in the way
> of more interesting stuff.

Short of manipulating the data you could make a custom recording rule.
My regex foo is non existent, but there must be a rule that matches
Dr. Phil and Dr Phil as well as Doctor Phil for when they next try to
break it.

There was a similar thread in relation to Doctor|Dr|Dr. Who last time
it was showing...

Re: EPG Data [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 15:24 +1300, Evan Giles wrote:
> I hear that you provide the EPG data for mythtv in NZ (which by the way
> I have been using very happily for a while - thank you)

Hi. I just look after a program to regurgitate the data from it's weird
forms, but thanks for the thanks, it's always nice :)

> I also hear that you apply hacks to the data to overcome the vagueness
> of the broadcasting people...
>
> With that in mind, would it be possible to massage the "Dr Phil"
> listings into something more consistent? I have just had it pointed out
> to me by my wife that I have missed todays recording.
>
> It seems that it is sometimes listed as "Dr Phil" (7th Oct) and
> sometimes listed as "Dr. Phil" (8th, 9th 10th Oct).
>
> Thanks in advance - and apologies if this sort of email gets in the way
> of more interesting stuff.

No need to apologies at all. I've added a regex to the list of
replacements (http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/title-replacements/) hopefully that
should sort it. Thanks for the heads up.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
VoIP, DVB and other Linux compatible hardware.

Re: EPG Data [ In reply to ]
Hads,

Would you be able to another change to that list? Pulp Sport is showing
up as 'Pulp Sport 6 1' (which I assume will change to 6 2 etc), and I
don't want to have to set it week by week.

Cheers

Re: EPG Data [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 19:34 +1300, Andrew Richards wrote:
> Would you be able to another change to that list? Pulp Sport is showing
> up as 'Pulp Sport 6 1' (which I assume will change to 6 2 etc), and I
> don't want to have to set it week by week.

Hi Andrew,

I've added "Pulp Sport.*" to "Pulp Sport" which should catch that.
It's only showing on the freeview feed at the moment. Thanks for letting
me know. It will be in the next update this evening.

Cheers,

hads

P.S. I'm working on a new feed from the freeview XML which has some extra
data in it like HD too.

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealands Open Source Hardware Supplier

Re: EPG Data [ In reply to ]
On 17/10/2008, at 8:18 PM, Hadley Rich wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 19:34 +1300, Andrew Richards wrote:
>> Would you be able to another change to that list? Pulp Sport is
>> showing
>> up as 'Pulp Sport 6 1' (which I assume will change to 6 2 etc), and I
>> don't want to have to set it week by week.
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> I've added "Pulp Sport.*" to "Pulp Sport" which should catch that.
> It's only showing on the freeview feed at the moment. Thanks for
> letting
> me know. It will be in the next update this evening.
>
> Cheers,

If we can get a set of good examples of bad data I can chase this with
freeview

> hads
>
> P.S. I'm working on a new feed from the freeview XML which has some
> extra
> data in it like HD too.

Let me know if you need any help with this. In theory we just need a
decent XSLT or similar to re-write the XML.

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email - steven@openmedia.co.nz
website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz
Re: EPG Data [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 21:44 +1300, Steven Ellis wrote:
> If we can get a set of good examples of bad data I can chase this with
> freeview

Everything I know about is here;

http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/title-replacements/

although a lot of that is for Sky.

> Let me know if you need any help with this. In theory we just need a
> decent XSLT or similar to re-write the XML.

It's not hard at all just making some time, I have something nearly
done. I decided against XSLT because date/time transformations are a
little annoying.

Re: EPG Data [ In reply to ]
I just spotted another Freeviewism. Survivor last week was called "Survivor: Gabon 1", now its called "Survivor: Gabon".

I'd also like to point out that I don't watch this show :-)
https://mythtv/mythweb/tv/detail?recordid=134"]
Everything I know about is here; http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/title-replacements/"]http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/title-replacements/ although a lot of that is for Sky.
Re: EPG Data [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2008-10-19 at 20:11 +1300, Cameron McConnochie wrote:
> I just spotted another Freeviewism. Survivor last week was called
> "Survivor: Gabon 1", now its called "Survivor: Gabon".

Thanks. That's a slightly tougher one since it will change every season
but I've added a rule for "Survivor: Gabon.*" now. I also added one for
"The Big Food Fight.*" too since they seem to like putting the subtitle
in the title some weeks and not others. These will pickup overnight.

hads

Re: epg data [ In reply to ]

> > Is it just me or has epg data on line stopped updating as I have
> > onlyfour days of data left.
> > Stu
>
> Good heads up - my Freeview data runs out Sunday :-(

Yep mine too is DCM.
Re: epg data [ In reply to ]
I have seven days showing.

Re: epg data [ In reply to ]