Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: epg [ In reply to ]
> I added those lines, with a comma after each, and then ran
> mythfilldatabase and now have 7 days data. Whether it is a
> co-incidence, or whether the extra headers made a difference, I
> cannot
> say.

A friend of mine recently had the same issue with TelstraClear. An XML
file (not TV listings, though) he was updating on his (US-hosted) site
still wasn't showing any changes over a week later when viewed on a
TelstraClear connection. Not even when doing a forced reload in his
browser. Other ISPs showed the latest version.

In the end, because he had access to the server, I got him to set a
past date in the Expires: header along with a Cache-Control: header
which indicated it wasn't to be cached. That solved the issue (in his
case!) and he now sees changes immediately after he updates the file via
TCL.

As far as I can tell, TCL seem to have upped their default cache expiry
to ridiculous levels.

Ross

Re: epg [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Ross Williamson <ross@inertia.net.nz> wrote:
>> I added those lines, with a comma after each, and then ran
>> mythfilldatabase and now have 7 days data. Whether it is a
>> co-incidence, or whether the extra headers made a difference, I
>> cannot
>> say.
>
>  A friend of mine recently had the same issue with TelstraClear. An XML
>  file (not TV listings, though) he was updating on his (US-hosted) site
>  still wasn't showing any changes over a week later when viewed on a
>  TelstraClear connection. Not even when doing a forced reload in his
>  browser. Other ISPs showed the latest version.
>
>  In the end, because he had access to the server, I got him to set a
>  past date in the Expires: header along with a Cache-Control: header
>  which indicated it wasn't to be cached. That solved the issue (in his
>  case!) and he now sees changes immediately after he updates the file via
>  TCL.
>
>  As far as I can tell, TCL seem to have upped their default cache expiry
>  to ridiculous levels.
>
>  Ross

perhaps if the owner of nzepg.org is watching the list, s/he might do the same.

Re: EPG [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 21:09:51 +1200, you wrote:

>2 Questions
>
>1. Is there any EPG for Sommet Sports? I didn't even see one on their
>website last I looked.

It is there as MHEG5 - my TV sees it. But the epg.org.nz scripts will
probably need to be configured to capture it. I had not heard of the
new channel until you mentioned it.

>2. The epg downloaded by tv_grab_nz-py has a whole lot of info for
>Canterbury TV, but it doesn't seem to have a proper xmltvid.
>
>eg:
><programme channel="Canterbury Television" start="20130813073000 +1200"
>stop="20130813080000 +1200">
> <title>Visitor Television</title>
> <desc>VTV is a fun interactive half hour show with our
>delightful presenter, Reanna Smith, featuring top attractions,
>entertainment, restaurants and events.</desc>
> <episode-num system="dd_progid">VTV</episode-num>
> <rating system="Freeview">
> <value>G</value>
> </rating>
> </programme>
>
>The normal format is <programme channel="ctv.freeview.nz" ... etc
>
>The Dunedin one is the same actually.

That should be able to be fixed by changing the config for epg.org.nz,
but in the mean time you should be able to just specify the xmltvid in
MythTV to match the current "Canterbury Television". Presuming that
spaces are valid in xmltvid values - I have not tried it as I do not
get those channels here in Palmerston North.

Re: EPG [ In reply to ]
On 13/08/13 19:09, Nick Rout wrote:
> 2. The epg downloaded by tv_grab_nz-py has a whole lot of info for
> Canterbury TV, but it doesn't seem to have a proper xmltvid.

There are a bunch of new XMLTVIDs in the epg.org.nz data today.

hads
--
http://nice.net.nz

Re: EPG [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 11:07 AM, Hadley Rich <hads@nice.net.nz> wrote:

> On 13/08/13 19:09, Nick Rout wrote:
>
>> 2. The epg downloaded by tv_grab_nz-py has a whole lot of info for
>> Canterbury TV, but it doesn't seem to have a proper xmltvid.
>>

> There are a bunch of new XMLTVIDs in the epg.org.nz data today.

Excellent, someone up there is listening :)
Re: EPG [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 09:07:29 +1000, you wrote:

>On 13/08/13 19:09, Nick Rout wrote:
>> 2. The epg downloaded by tv_grab_nz-py has a whole lot of info for
>> Canterbury TV, but it doesn't seem to have a proper xmltvid.
>
>There are a bunch of new XMLTVIDs in the epg.org.nz data today.
>
>hads

Oops, it looks like there are two duplicated xmltvids:

<channel id="shopping-channel.freeviewnz.tv">
<display-name>The Shopping Channel</display-name>
</channel>

<channel id="shopping-channel.freeviewnz.tv">
<display-name>TVSN</display-name>
</channel>

Re: EPG [ In reply to ]
> >There are a bunch of new XMLTVIDs in the epg.org.nz data today.
> >
> >hads
>
> Oops, it looks like there are two duplicated xmltvids:
>
> <channel id="shopping-channel.freeviewnz.tv">
> <display-name>The Shopping Channel</display-name>
> </channel>
>
> <channel id="shopping-channel.freeviewnz.tv">
> <display-name>TVSN</display-name>
> </channel>

Looks like the NZ EPG Gods have been hard at work again. I note that this is resolved, tvsn-shopping-channel.freeviewnz.tv is now in the feed.

Re: epg [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 31 May 2014 10:09:06 Paul Kendall wrote:
> I have 7 days worth. So it looks to still be working ok.
>
> On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 9:14 AM, Stu <stugo@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
> > Has the epg on the web stopped working as I only have four days left or do
> > I have problem at my end?

I had 4 days as well. Ran it manually I got all 7 days. BUT the data in those
days is patchy. Missing data for TV3, Four and Maori particularly but other
channels are affected as well.

--
Regards
Scott Newton

Re: epg [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 31 May 2014 11:06:51 +1200, you wrote:

>On Sat, 31 May 2014 10:09:06 Paul Kendall wrote:
>> I have 7 days worth. So it looks to still be working ok.
>>
>> On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 9:14 AM, Stu <stugo@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>> > Has the epg on the web stopped working as I only have four days left or do
>> > I have problem at my end?
>
>I had 4 days as well. Ran it manually I got all 7 days. BUT the data in those
>days is patchy. Missing data for TV3, Four and Maori particularly but other
>channels are affected as well.

I was running out of EPG last night, so I ran mhegepgsnoop. I have
not checked today's download.

Re: Epg [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I noticed that last night as well, although the other half says the
guide data was back out to 7 days this morning so it looks like it's
been fixed for us. Thanks to whoever fixed it.

Cheers,
Adam.