Mailing List Archive

PVR card models Re: OK - here we go!
>>Is Hauppauge PVR-250 / PVR-350 the way to go? My usual supplier only
>> seems to show 150's on their website.

> I personally think the 350 is overkill (experience talking) as I
> ended up not using the video out on my one. Although the remote it
> comes with was relatively easy to get going.

The differences in the PVR cards from Hauppauge...

The 150 is the cheapest, and is a newer design.

The 250 and 350 are older designs.

350 has TV out and an mpeg decoder, and it is reputed to be one of the
best TV out designs available.

The 500 is two 150s on the same PCI card, and is a newer design too.

All the boards have a mpeg compressor in hardware.

The MCE versions of the cards work perfectly with mythtv - so no need to
buy the more expensive windows version.