Mailing List Archive

Ahhh... Kia ora?
Hi Guys,

I'm Gary, long time MythTV fan. Have been using it for around 3 years now.
I get a little busy at times so have found my usual approach to just fix
things to get them going and move on with something else.

My MythTV setup has:

2 Myth servers, each with 2 Hauppauge PVR 250 capture cards, each with
2x160GB HDDS (Master with Redhat 8 [in need of a serious upgrade), Slave
FC2)
1 ShuttleXP frontend with Hauppauge PVR 350 capture card, just used for the
TV out facility.
1 Homebrew PC frontend in the office area with FC2
1 Epia mini ITX (M10K) frontend in the unit with FC2.

Everything is running alright, though every couple of days I have to restart
one of the backends. It's probably because of the RH8 master with older
IVTV drivers.

I have Sky Digital (via composite) connected to my master, and Sky analogue
(what a mission that was) connected to the slave.

I used to use the cvs versions but have found that updating 5 computers can
become quite a mission. I also used my Xbox for a time and used other OS's
like Gentoo and debian but found FC to be the best for me.

I'm a software engineer most of the time but am a jack of all trades. Have
used Linux, UNIX, but am mostly windows (VB .NET) at the moment. Usually if
I have to write something quick (which is most of the time), I do it in
.NET. I have a screen scraper (.NET) that I have written but it is by no
means complete, I use it every Monday for the next 7 days.

Things I need to fix.

1. Automate screen scraper
2. Upgrade master server
3. Startup scripts for a couple of frontends
4. Get my Xbox MythTV working again

Sorry about the novel, I don't get out much :)

Regards,
Gary Te Young

@Home Downunder Ltd
www.athomedownunder.com