Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
Has anyone also noticed a syncing problem between video and audio? I
am having huge syncing problems.

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
Is the audio being compressed as well Issac, if so is it mp3 format and
is it playing the compressed mp3 stream as audio for the video and
how does the video audio syncing work. I am not understanding your
solution to fixing the channel freazing. My tv tuner card has an audio
out mini plug that I plug into my sound cards line in. Without that
how will I get any audio to go with the video.

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
Hi, Could Isaac or someone else please answer another of the many
questions I ask. Can you explain what filldata is doing because
it grabs all the channel data using xmltv and stores that data
in the database. At some point during the thing it is trying to
write images to some directory that it grabbed off the net. Where
is it trying to write these images because it keeps saying permission
denied on the writing of those images. I am guessing they are the
channel images that i noticed in one of your screen pics. Please
Help!!!
Thanks,
Andrew

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
K, thanks, but filldata keeps looping through the same channels over and
over again. Do you know why or is it suppost to do that for some reason.

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
It works fine with it. Just grab a more recent version than pr3, from the CVS
page.

Isaac

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
Looks like you didn't set the AudioDevice setting.

Isaac

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
make distclean. It only tests the first time you make (or after a distclean)
if it should copy over the settings.txt file, so it doesn't wipe out my
settings file when I'm working on things. And it's AudioDevice, like I said
in the last email.

Isaac

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
<sigh>

Just mute the line-in. I imagine that'll also fix your sync issue.

Isaac

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
K, I figured out that my mic line on my sound card was the one that
was being recorded on. So i moved the output from my tv card to the
mic input insted of line input. When I first did that I had some
echoing problems. I got that fixed now but the audio still doesn't
match the video. It looks like the audio is playing and then a second
or so later the the video is playing. I thought maybe this was a
cpu usage problem but I ran top while it was running and the max cpu
it uses is 60 % at any time. Please help me with this. That is the
only thing I don't like about it so far. Everything else is great.
Please Help!!!!!

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]