Mailing List Archive

setup problems with mythtv
I've mad progress!!! Mythtv is compiled and installed, now I am having probs
with postinstall configuration as below:

[root@marcus setup]# ls
main.cpp main.o Makefile setup* setup.pro
[root@marcus setup]# ./setup
Conflict in /usr/lib/qt3/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.so:
Plugin uses incompatible Qt library!
expected build key "i686 Linux g++-2.96 full-config", got "g++-2.96
full-config".
Conflict in /usr/lib/qt3/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlodbc.so:
Plugin uses incompatible Qt library!
expected build key "i686 Linux g++-2.96 full-config", got "g++-2.96
full-config".
Conflict in /usr/lib/qt3/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlpsql.so:
Plugin uses incompatible Qt library!
expected build key "i686 Linux g++-2.96 full-config", got "g++-2.96
full-config".
QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers:

here's what I've got installed QT-wise

[root@marcus setup]# rpm -qa | grep qt
qt-devel-3.0.5-2
libqt3-devel-3.0.5-2mdk
libqt2-2.3.1-29mdk
qt2-designer-2.3.1-29mdk
qt-3.0.5-2
qt-Xt-3.0.5-2
libqt2-devel-2.3.1-29mdk
libqt3-3.0.5-2mdk

Any ideas which library(s) I need to change? I did notice that when I was
installing the QT3 stuff that one of it's requirements was postgresql. I
suspect that is the root of the problem. Yup, googling shows that
libqsqlodbc.so is from postgres... sigh.....

Maybe it's time for me to compile QT3 from source. Any other suggestions?
Re: setup problems with mythtv [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 26 October 2002 06:59 pm, you wrote:
> [root@marcus setup]# ./setup
> Conflict in /usr/lib/qt3/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.so:
> Plugin uses incompatible Qt library!

Well I got around this error with the qt sql driver byt using
qt3-3.0.5-2mdk.src.rpm, after that compiled (took about an hour), I ran
through the configure, make, make install, edit settings.txt, setup mysql db
and run mythfilldata, that's currently running while I wait with baited
breath to see what happens once I fire up mythtv for the first time ;-)
(man I need to get a life, LOL)

Okay, mythepg works fine, mythtv comes up full screen but it's all green, no
picture. I had xawtv open during the setup so it couldn't map channels to
inputs. Anyhow, I hit alt-f4 to kill it as I couldn't remember the right
keybindings. I read the README again and tried restarting but nothing comes
up, this is what the terminal shows:

[root@marcus setup]# mythepg
[root@marcus setup]# mythtv
Probed: Television
Probed: Composite1
Probed: S-Video
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
strange error flushing buffer ...
Using XV port 64
mythtv: Fatal IO error: client killed
[root@marcus setup]# mythtv
Probed: Television
Probed: Composite1
Probed: S-Video
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
strange error flushing buffer ...

I then run xawtv and the works fine, then mythtv and get video but it looks
well.... crappy, not very detailed, I guess because of the scaling of
352x240. I also get the following in the terminal

[root@marcus setup]# mythtv
Probed: Television
Probed: Composite1
Probed: S-Video
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
strange error flushing buffer ...
Using XV port 64
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
Changing from WatchingLiveTV to None
Changing from None to None

This is using the default alsa drivers that come with mdk8.2. I have the
commercial oss drivers that I haven't gotten around to reinstalling since I
installed 8.2. I've seen some complaints from the system wrt sound when
using mplayer.

Now onto other questions, what should be done to secure the MySQL database
such that mythfilldata works fine, but mysql is not just another open service
waiting to be exploited?

I am currently running it on a Duron 750/192mb ram with an ATI TV Wonder.
I've set the size to 352x240. Assuming minimal other concurrent processes, I
assume this is probably the best I can expect without problems???

Once I get this going reliably, I intend to try getting it working with my
ATI AIW Radeon on an Athlon 1.4g machine. I'll probably also upgrade the
duron 750 to something beefier.

Any other suggestions folks can make for improvements?