Mailing List Archive

problems with installing xmltv
I would love to be corrected, but I'm pretty sure Tk::Tablematrix is
only needed if you install the complete xmltv package, including the
tv_check program. It breaks down like this: xmltv has parts that suck
down tv listings, parts that manipulate the listings and parts that
display the listings. Nobody from mythtv told me this, but the xmltv
developer told me that he thinks the display parts (tv_check and
tv_pick_cgi) are not needed for mythtv (However, I included tv_pick_cgi
for the hell of it). So that means all you need is XML::Twig,
XML::Writer, Date::Manip, LWP, and if you are in North America
(tv_grab_na) HTML::Parser. Once I had these xmltv compiled fine for me,
and despite spitting out a bunch of errors like:

"Malformed UTF-8 character (1 byte, need 3, after start byte 0xe3) at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/Date/Manip.pm line 6497."

it seems to grab listings fine.

Another hint, again from the xmltv developer Ed Avis: For those of you
trying to get XML::Twig to compile and are having difficulty, try these
two things:
1) use the development 3.09 version from
http://www.xmltwig.com/xmltwig/ rather than 3.08
2)make sure the libexpat version you have is not. 1.95.4. This version
is broken (and is what ships with Red Hat 8.0), versions both earlier
and later than 1.95.4 will work.

cheers

cedar