Mailing List Archive

Re: [mythtv-users] Android mythfrontend mysql driver problems
On Thu, Sep 29, 2022 at 03:01:25PM +1000, Mark Spieth wrote:
> I updated mariadb connector to 3.2.6 but I havent seen any issues with
> recent builds. Last one I did was end of May using the previous build env
> settings if SDK 28, NDK 21.4... and tools 29.0.3. I remember a 32 bit build
> issue I was fixing at the time.

Mark,

I tracked down a problem I saw to mariadb connector 3.2.6. Using the
default, nvshield config, my resulting apk fails silently when
deleting recordings. By that, I mean the recording gets removed from
the list in playbackbox but as soon as there's a refresh or
playbackbox is re-entered, the recording is back.

ENOTIME kept prventing from working on the problem a lot but I finally
tracked it down to the query in ProgramInfo::ProgramInfo(uint
_recordedid). Specifically, the starttime that gets read from the
database is empty/blank. That leads to it being set to the current
time in PI::clear(). Ultimately, the backend is not able to look up
the correct recording when it gets the delete request.

The problem is fixed for me by switching back to mariadb connector
2.3.7.

David
--
David Engel
david@istwok.net
Re: [mythtv-users] Android mythfrontend mysql driver problems [ In reply to ]
On 3/11/2022 9:57 am, David Engel wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2022 at 03:01:25PM +1000, Mark Spieth wrote:
>> I updated mariadb connector to 3.2.6 but I havent seen any issues with
>> recent builds. Last one I did was end of May using the previous build env
>> settings if SDK 28, NDK 21.4... and tools 29.0.3. I remember a 32 bit build
>> issue I was fixing at the time.
> Mark,
>
> I tracked down a problem I saw to mariadb connector 3.2.6. Using the
> default, nvshield config, my resulting apk fails silently when
> deleting recordings. By that, I mean the recording gets removed from
> the list in playbackbox but as soon as there's a refresh or
> playbackbox is re-entered, the recording is back.
>
> ENOTIME kept prventing from working on the problem a lot but I finally
> tracked it down to the query in ProgramInfo::ProgramInfo(uint
> _recordedid). Specifically, the starttime that gets read from the
> database is empty/blank. That leads to it being set to the current
> time in PI::clear(). Ultimately, the backend is not able to look up
> the correct recording when it gets the delete request.
>
> The problem is fixed for me by switching back to mariadb connector
> 2.3.7.

I have the qt date fix in my myth master tree and I havent seen the
problem since I added that. Before that, when I deleted a program, went
back to main menu and then back into playbox the program was still there.

Probably the same problem (timezone info in rendered datetime string)

Mark

Re: [mythtv-users] Android mythfrontend mysql driver problems [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Nov 09, 2022 at 06:23:54PM +1100, Mark Spieth wrote:
> On 3/11/2022 9:57 am, David Engel wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 29, 2022 at 03:01:25PM +1000, Mark Spieth wrote:
> > > I updated mariadb connector to 3.2.6 but I havent seen any issues with
> > > recent builds. Last one I did was end of May using the previous build env
> > > settings if SDK 28, NDK 21.4... and tools 29.0.3. I remember a 32 bit build
> > > issue I was fixing at the time.
> > Mark,
> >
> > I tracked down a problem I saw to mariadb connector 3.2.6. Using the
> > default, nvshield config, my resulting apk fails silently when
> > deleting recordings. By that, I mean the recording gets removed from
> > the list in playbackbox but as soon as there's a refresh or
> > playbackbox is re-entered, the recording is back.
> >
> > ENOTIME kept prventing from working on the problem a lot but I finally
> > tracked it down to the query in ProgramInfo::ProgramInfo(uint
> > _recordedid). Specifically, the starttime that gets read from the
> > database is empty/blank. That leads to it being set to the current
> > time in PI::clear(). Ultimately, the backend is not able to look up
> > the correct recording when it gets the delete request.
> >
> > The problem is fixed for me by switching back to mariadb connector
> > 2.3.7.
> >
> I have the qt date fix in my myth master tree and I havent seen the problem
> since I added that. Before that, when I deleted a program, went back to main
> menu and then back into playbox the program was still there.
>
> Probably the same problem (timezone info in rendered datetime string)

Good you could reproduce and fix it. When do you think you'll commit
it?

BTW, do you have problems resuming mythtv from sleep on the shield?
With the shield updates over the last several months, I have
increasing issues. One looks similar to the old one where events
weren't ignored/processed correctly. This results in a black screen
for a very long time. Another is where mythtv appears to have lost
all database connections. This results in mythtv not showing any
any recordings in playback box until it is restarted.

David
--
David Engel
david@istwok.net
Re: [mythtv-users] Android mythfrontend mysql driver problems [ In reply to ]
On 10/11/2022 3:10 am, David Engel wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 09, 2022 at 06:23:54PM +1100, Mark Spieth wrote:
>>> Mark,
>>>
>>> I tracked down a problem I saw to mariadb connector 3.2.6. Using the
>>> default, nvshield config, my resulting apk fails silently when
>>> deleting recordings. By that, I mean the recording gets removed from
>>> the list in playbackbox but as soon as there's a refresh or
>>> playbackbox is re-entered, the recording is back.
>>>
>>> ENOTIME kept prventing from working on the problem a lot but I finally
>>> tracked it down to the query in ProgramInfo::ProgramInfo(uint
>>> _recordedid). Specifically, the starttime that gets read from the
>>> database is empty/blank. That leads to it being set to the current
>>> time in PI::clear(). Ultimately, the backend is not able to look up
>>> the correct recording when it gets the delete request.
>>>
>>> The problem is fixed for me by switching back to mariadb connector
>>> 2.3.7.
>>>
>> I have the qt date fix in my myth master tree and I havent seen the problem
>> since I added that. Before that, when I deleted a program, went back to main
>> menu and then back into playbox the program was still there.
>>
>> Probably the same problem (timezone info in rendered datetime string)
> Good you could reproduce and fix it. When do you think you'll commit
> it?

There is a PR and issue already in github for a long time. Its a myth
fix as it affects mysql as well.

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/574

Its in its own branch feature/datetime-sql-bind-format-fix

I'm hesitant to merge myself unless there is a consensus. My opinion is
that its easier to fix in myth and then its fixed everywhere.

> BTW, do you have problems resuming mythtv from sleep on the shield?
> With the shield updates over the last several months, I have
> increasing issues. One looks similar to the old one where events
> weren't ignored/processed correctly. This results in a black screen
> for a very long time. Another is where mythtv appears to have lost
> all database connections. This results in mythtv not showing any
> any recordings in playback box until it is restarted.

when myth goes into the background, the gl context may be disposed of to
make space for other apps. If you restore, you get a black screen. What
I do is double press the home button, kill myth and then restart.

Sleep is another form of this.

Known issue for a long time. But hard to solve the way myth is written.

Mark