G'day,

During an extended internet outage that thankfully has just finished, I came
to realise that MythWeb depends on some external google javascript for basic
functionality.

Is the any will for removing this dependency?

I'm happy to make the changes, but not if there's any resistance to it.

cheers,
-kt

Re: Dependencies on external javascript for MythWeb [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 9:15 AM Kingsley Turner <krt@krt.com.au> wrote:

> G'day,
>
> During an extended internet outage that thankfully has just finished, I
> came
> to realise that MythWeb depends on some external google javascript for
> basic
> functionality.
>
> Is the any will for removing this dependency?
>
> I'm happy to make the changes, but not if there's any resistance to it.
>
> cheers,
> -kt

Fortunately, you do not need to re-event the wheel.

You just need to download two files and place them on the
locations mentioned in the file
https://github.com/MythTV/mythweb/blob/92f0f9bc6d15f6d6534e5d5e40bdddbb6f431254/modules/_shared/tmpl/default/header.php#L109

Then, you need to set the global setting `mythweb_use_cdn` to 0,
as described in
https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3253&p=15747
and
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13191

Roland

P.S.: Please report a simple howto in order to make this repeatable for
other users.
Re: Dependencies on external javascript for MythWeb [ In reply to ]
On 29/9/22 05:27, Roland Ernst wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 9:15 AM Kingsley Turner <krt@krt.com.au> wrote:
>
> G'day,
>
> During an extended internet outage that thankfully has just finished,
> I came
> to realise that MythWeb depends on some external google javascript for
> basic
> functionality.
>
> Is the any will for removing this dependency?
>
> I'm happy to make the changes, but not if there's any resistance to it.
>
> cheers,
> -kt
>

> Fortunately, you do not need to re-event the wheel.
>
> You just need to download two files and place them on the
> locations mentioned in the file
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythweb/blob/92f0f9bc6d15f6d6534e5d5e40bdddbb6f431254/modules/_shared/tmpl/default/header.php#L109
>

> Then, you need to set the global setting `mythweb_use_cdn` to 0,
> as described in
> https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3253&p=15747
> <https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3253&p=15747>
> and
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13191
>
> Roland
>
> P.S.: Please report a simple howto in order to make this repeatable for
> other users.
>

> Please report a simple howto

Please find below.

Of course IMHO, I'd rather there not be a dependency at all.  As it's
already too late to look this up once you're offline.

thanks,
-kt

|# HOWTO Configure MythWeb to _NOT_ Use Online Javascript Sources

Based on notes by "rds55" (and further comments) found on the [MythTV
Forum](https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3253&p=15747).

## STEP 1 - Make appropriate directories to hold Offline Copies of the
Javascript

    sudo mkdir -p /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/js/ajax/libs/jquery/3.2.1/
    sudo mkdir -p /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/js/ajax/libs/prototype/1.7.3.0/

## STEP 2 - Download the javascript into these Directories

Note: This is different to the forum instructions (which appear to be a
little backwards), but it is tested and working.

    sudo wget
https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.2.1/jquery.min.js -O
/usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/js/ajax/libs/jquery/3.2.1/jquery.min.js
    sudo wget
https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/prototype/1.7.3.0/prototype.js -O
/usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/js/ajax/libs/prototype/1.7.3.0/prototype.js

## STEP3 - Configure MythWeb to use the Offline Copy

    MYTHSERVER=127.0.0.1  # TODO - use the address of your myth box
    curl --data Key=mythweb_use_cdn --data Value=0
$MYTHSERVER:6544/Myth/PutSetting