Mailing List Archive

Remembering last channel group
I'm about to add support for filtering on channel groups in the
program lister and perhaps the program finder too(*). My expectaton
was that mythtv would automatically remember the last used, channel
group used in the epg and when it is re-entered. That's not the
default case. In order for the channel group to be restored, antoher
setting controlling the remembering of the channel group must be set.
In addition, that setting is global across all frontends.

Neither of those behaviors are intuitive to me. First, I would expect
the last channel group used to be preserved. Second, I would expect
the saved, channel group to be specific to each frontend. What is the
group's feelings about always preserving the last used, channel group
and making it frontend speciric?

David

(*)This was prompted by my use of the "Priority channel", recording
filter. I use it to prevent recordings on some, generally standard
definition, channels by default. In order to hide those channels in
the epg, I exclude them from my favorites group. They still show up
elsewhere, though, and I'm looking to remedy that. Alternatively, I
could add a separate filter using channel priorities but thought it
best to consider the channel group approach first.

--
David Engel
david@istwok.net