Mailing List Archive

webapp settings error checking
I have added error checking to the miscellaneous settings tab. The
observable supports three callbacks. The error callback is called if
there is an http error.

I added a div to the html page for the confirmation or error message.

My screen layout and usage of classes may not be best. The footer that I
copied used classes p-grid p-nogutter p-justify-end. These caused very
strange things to happen when I tried to add text between the buttons. I
changed them to grid and nogutter and added col-1 instead of
p-justify-end. These are according to the documentation in
https://primefaces.org/primeflex/gridsystem .

I don't know where the p-grid etc are documented.

The text color classes in https://primefaces.org/primeflex/textcolor did
not work, I don't know why, so I used style="color:red;"

Please feel free to let me know if I have gone wrong and where. If you
prefer the p-grid etc, where are they documented?

Peter

Re: webapp settings error checking [ In reply to ]
On 14/05/2022 22:51, Peter Bennett wrote:

> I have added error checking to the miscellaneous settings tab. The
> observable supports three callbacks. The error callback is called if
> there is an http error.
>
> I added a div to the html page for the confirmation or error message.
>
> My screen layout and usage of classes may not be best. The footer that
> I copied used classes p-grid p-nogutter p-justify-end. These caused
> very strange things to happen when I tried to add text between the
> buttons. I changed them to grid and nogutter and added col-1 instead
> of p-justify-end. These are according to the documentation in
> https://primefaces.org/primeflex/gridsystem .
>
> I don't know where the p-grid etc are documented.

We use the newer PrimeFlex3 which removed the p- from many of the class
names.

https://www.primefaces.org/primeflex/migration

This is why I said in the wiki be careful with the examples/tutorials
you see on the web because they may have been written for previous versions.

> The text color classes in https://primefaces.org/primeflex/textcolor
> did not work, I don't know why, so I used style="color:red;"

I've found it can be a little frustrating getting things to look the way
you want and it's not always obvious, to me at least, why some things
don't work as you expected.

I think I used p-error in the validation errors in the wizard.

> Please feel free to let me know if I have gone wrong and where. If you
> prefer the p-grid etc, where are they documented?
>
> Peter

Paul H.