I am going to try to understand the angular stuff and help out with the
setup development. I can start on the "Backend Network" if you are not
already working on it. Is that OK? Otherwise what part should I do? I
thought that to start at the beginning, the "general" section of
mythtv-setup would make sense. Backend Network is part of that.

Peter

(Resent from a different email address - the prior one was rejected by
the list server)

Re: Angular development of backend setup [ In reply to ]
On 01/05/2022 20:38, Peter Bennett wrote:

> Hi Paul
>
> I am sorry to hear about your bike accident.
>

> I am going to try to understand the angular stuff and help out with
> the setup development. I can start on the "Backend Network" if you are
> not already working on it. Is that OK? Otherwise what part should I
> do? I thought that to start at the beginning, the "general" section of
> mythtv-setup would make sense. Backend Network is part of that.
>
> Peter
>
> (Resent from a different email address - the prior one was rejected by
> the list server)

Hi Peter,

I have a WIP patch that's a sort of proof of concept that can be used to
add the settings in the General section of mythtv-setup. It's not
commplete I think IIRC I just did the Locale and Network settings with
some basic empty components for the rest but it could be extended. I
know the last thing I was looking at was to add an exit guard to prevent
users moving to other parts of the WebApp without first saving any
unsaved changes and I think I still need to do the saving part as well.
It's been over 8 weeks now since I last looked at it and a lot has
happened since then so I'm a little hazy on where I got up to.

Last week I did briefly try to update my work branch but there was
conflicts and didn't really feel like messing with it to fix them but if
you are going to work on it I will try to get it to at least apply and
may see if I can commit what I have so others can comment on if it's a
good approach or not. Give me a day or two and I will see what I can do.

Paul H.