Mailing List Archive

MediaWiki needs updating
From https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Special:Version : the MediaWiki
version is 1.27.7 and PHP is 7.3.18

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Version_lifecycle shows 1.27 was EOL in
the middle of 2019.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.35 is LTS and supported until
September 2023.  It requires PHP 7.3.19.  It also bundles
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:VisualEditor which would be
nice to have enabled.

Regards,

Scott
Re: MediaWiki needs updating [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2022-03-13 at 13:41 -0400, Scott Theisen wrote:
>  From https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Special:Version : the MediaWiki
> version is 1.27.7 and PHP is 7.3.18
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Version_lifecycle shows 1.27 was EOL
> in
> the middle of 2019.
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.35 is LTS and supported
> until
> September 2023.  It requires PHP 7.3.19.  It also bundles
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:VisualEditor which would be
> nice to have enabled.

Hi Scott,

Its a matter of Stuart A or me finding time to do the work. Its not
just upgrading the software, we also need to migrate the wiki (and all
the other services) from our current very old server to a newer
platform at our hosting provider.

David

Re: MediaWiki needs updating [ In reply to ]
I am sorry to announce the owner of this email has passed away.
I am unsure how to delete the account from your mailing list. Is there
someone who can assist me with this please?

Re: MediaWiki needs updating [ In reply to ]
On 13/03/2022 19:04, Sherman Williams wrote:
> I am sorry to announce the owner of this email has passed away.
> I am unsure how to delete the account from your mailing list.  Is there
> someone who can assist me with this please?

My condoleances.

I have issued an unsubscription request on your behalf; you should
receive a confirmation request from the server. Follow the link in that
email in order to complete the unsubscription.