Mailing List Archive

Mythweb v32.0 tag missing?
It would appear that mythweb did not get
an annotated tag for v32.0.
Re: Mythweb v32.0 tag missing? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2022-02-23 at 16:00 +0000, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> It would appear that mythweb did not get
> an annotated tag for v32.0.

That's very odd, because I'm looking at the release script and it has
the exact same set of commands for tagging mythweb that it has for
mythtv. I have to run the script again to fix the VERSION ->
SRC_VERSION file move in mythtv, so I'll double check the tags after
that.

David

Re: Mythweb v32.0 tag missing? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Feb 23, 2022 at 4:09 PM David Hampton via mythtv-dev
<mythtv-dev@mythtv.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2022-02-23 at 16:00 +0000, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> > It would appear that mythweb did not get
> > an annotated tag for v32.0.
>
> That's very odd, because I'm looking at the release script and it has
> the exact same set of commands for tagging mythweb that it has for
> mythtv. I have to run the script again to fix the VERSION ->
> SRC_VERSION file move in mythtv, so I'll double check the tags after
> that.

I seem to recall that mythweb has had this issue
(no annotated tag) previously with the v31 release,
although it is possible that that had a different
root cause. Presumably if you released early and
often the bug would show up more often than once
every two or so years and get squashed sooner.

btw, if you move tags (as it appears you did with
the v32.0 tag for MythTV), please post a notice to
the dev list to inform others to perform a
`git fetch --tags --force` to resync their repo (it
took me a moment to notice that the tags were
on different commits depending on which of my
local repos I was dealing with).

Thanks.