compile-types.

Regards,

Scott
Re: Packagers: use system libudfread if available [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2021-11-07 at 01:16 -0400, Scott Theisen wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> See https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/411

Looks good.

> Anyone know if libudfread is packaged with/as a part of libbluray on
> some systems?

I have the libblurary package installed on my freebsd and mac builders.
Neither has a libudfread.{a,so} file installed, nor do they have
packages to install them.

David

Re: Packagers: use system libudfread if available [ In reply to ]
On 11/7/21 12:16 AM, Scott Theisen wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> See https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/411
>
> Anyone know if libudfread is packaged with/as a part of libbluray on
> some systems?

Yes on gentoo.

gentoo ebuild for libbluray depends on libufdread. libudfread is
installed before libbluray.

ebuild for mythtv may optionally depend on libbluray so all should be
good with you pull request.
Re: Packagers: use system libudfread if available [ In reply to ]

On 11/7/21 9:34 AM, David Hampton via mythtv-dev wrote:
> I have the libblurary package installed on my freebsd and mac builders.
> Neither has a libudfread.{a,so} file installed, nor do they have
> packages to install them.
My question was because VideoLAN's git repository for libbluray has
their libudfread repository as a git submodule.  They use this if there
is no system libudfread.  However, looking more closely at how they are
building libbluray, they do not expose the libudfread functionality in
libbluray.

Therefore, the answer to my question is: no (in the practical sense,
since the libudfread interface is not exposed when it is compiled into
libbluray).

Regards,

Scott