Anybody who is interested, please build and test it to verify that all
is well before we merge it into the main master branch.

Peter

Re: Version 4.4.1 of FFmpeg ready for testing [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 31 Oct 2021 at 16:15, Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have merged version 4.4.1 of FFmpeg into the latest MythTV source
> master branch. The merged version is in branch devel/ffmpeg-resync. I
> have not merged it into the main master as yet in case there are problems.
>
> I have run a few basic tests of playback with NVDEC, VDPAU and Standard
> (ffmpeg software) decoding. Also I tested recording/LiveTV with Ceton.
> All tests were successful.
>
> Anybody who is interested, please build and test it to verify that all
> is well before we merge it into the main master branch.
>

> Done a few tests but I see no difference. Have put it on my living room
frontend and it works OK.
If anything comes up I will let you know.

Thanks,
Klaas.
Re: Version 4.4.1 of FFmpeg ready for testing [ In reply to ]
On 31/10/2021 18:09, Klaas de Waal wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Oct 2021 at 16:15, Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com
> <mailto:pb.mythtv@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> I have merged version 4.4.1 of FFmpeg into the latest MythTV source
> master branch. The merged version is in branch devel/ffmpeg-resync. I
> have not merged it into the main master as yet in case there are
> problems.
>
> I have run a few basic tests of playback with NVDEC, VDPAU and Standard
> (ffmpeg software) decoding. Also I tested recording/LiveTV with Ceton.
> All tests were successful.
>
> Anybody who is interested, please build and test it to verify that all
> is well before we merge it into the main master branch.
>

> Done a few tests but I see no difference. Have put it on my living room
> frontend and it works OK.
> If anything comes up I will let you know.
>
> Thanks,
> Klaas.

Peter, Klaas: I have added a comment to my issue #344 about this. I
think the basic problem is incorrect tracking of edit markers and step
lengths, but the new ffmpeg reacts slightly differently.

Thanks,

John P

Re: Version 4.4.1 of FFmpeg ready for testing [ In reply to ]
Peter,

FYI

I give test run for devel/ffmpeg-resync on some of my hardware to test video decode.

I briefly tested following:

- VAAPI (on n3450) for MPEG2/H264/VC1/HEVC/VP8/VP9
-VDAPU (on ION2) for H264/VC1/MPEG4
- v4l2_request (in Allwinner h6/h616, Rockchip 3328/3399, rpi4 hevc) for MPEG2/H264/VC1/HEVC/VP8/VP9
- v4l2_m2m (Amlogic s912/g12a, rpi3 h264, rpi4 h264) for MPEG2/H264/HEVC/VP8

compared with 4.3.2 we have now in master - no regressions discovered on brief tests on my test samples
(https://github.com/warpme/minimyth2/blob/master/video-test-summary.txt)

Great work!