Mailing List Archive

What MythTV versions are considered supported?
Are fixes only being backported to 31, or are they still being
backported to 30?  Is there any standard time period after the next
version has been released that fixes are backported?

Thanks,
Scott
Re: What MythTV versions are considered supported? [ In reply to ]
On 26/09/2021 03:15, Scott T wrote:
> Are fixes only being backported to 31, or are they still being
> backported to 30?

As a general rule we only backport to the current fixes branch so
currently that would be 31. Only bug fixes should be backported so no
new features or code cleanups or anything like that gets backported and
we always try to avoid making database or mythprotocol changes in the
fixes branch that could break future upgrades.  We like to let bug fixes
sit in master at least a week or 10 days just to make sure there are no
regressions before backporting to the fixes branch since our largest
group of users are using Ubuntu and many of them use the PPA which get
built daily from the fixes/31 branch so any regressions would
potentially affect a lot of MythTV users.

Having said there are no hard and past rules so sometimes bug fixes do
get backported to the previous version for example if a bug is found
shortly after a release and many users are still using the previous
version then we may consider backporting the fix if it is affecting many
users that are still on the previous version.

> Is there any standard time period after the next version has been
> released that fixes are backported?

Not that I'm aware of.  Often the fixes branch is created several weeks
before the new release just to get more users to try it before doing the
final released version.

> Thanks,
> Scott

Paul H.