Mailing List Archive

Mythtv and git authentication on push issue(?)
G'day,

I fixed something simple in mythfrontend today ( ref:
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/355 )

But I can't seem to push my branch back up to Github:

# git push origin? fix_ssa_subs_karaoke_broken
Username for 'https://github.com': kt--
Password for 'https://kt--@github.com':
remote: Permission to MythTV/mythtv.git denied to kt--.
fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git/': The
requested URL returned error: 403

Is this an issue with me, or the repo?
( I haven't used Github for years, so it's probably me. )

cheers,
-kt

Re: Mythtv and git authentication on push issue(?) [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 at 08:10, Kingsley Turner <krt@krt.com.au> wrote:

> G'day,
>
> I fixed something simple in mythfrontend today ( ref:
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/355 )
>
> But I can't seem to push my branch back up to Github:
>
> # git push origin fix_ssa_subs_karaoke_broken
> Username for 'https://github.com': kt--
> Password for 'https://kt--@github.com':
> remote: Permission to MythTV/mythtv.git denied to kt--.
> fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git/': The
> requested URL returned error: 403
>
> Is this an issue with me, or the repo?
> ( I haven't used Github for years, so it's probably me. )
>
> cheers,
> -kt
>

> Hi,

It looks like you have solved your Github login problem. Probably
two-factor authentication which is becoming mandatory.
As mentioned in issue 355, I would like to have a recording so that I can
both verify the problem and the solution. A gmail link would be great.

Thanks for the report and the fixes,
Klaas.
Re: Mythtv and git authentication on push issue(?) [ In reply to ]
On 18/04/2021 07:10, Kingsley Turner wrote:

> G'day,
>
> I fixed something simple in mythfrontend today ( ref:
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/355 )
>
> But I can't seem to push my branch back up to Github:
>
> # git push origin? fix_ssa_subs_karaoke_broken
> Username for 'https://github.com': kt--
> Password for 'https://kt--@github.com':
> remote: Permission to MythTV/mythtv.git denied to kt--.
> fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git/': The
> requested URL returned error: 403
>
> Is this an issue with me, or the repo?
> ( I haven't used Github for years, so it's probably me. )
>
> cheers,
> -kt

Pushing to the MythTV git repo is restricted to MythTV developers only.
You will have to push to your own repo and create a pull request or
simply create a patch and attach it to the issue.

Paul H.

Re: Mythtv and git authentication on push issue(?) [ In reply to ]
On 18/4/21 8:44 pm, Paul Harrison wrote:
> On 18/04/2021 07:10, Kingsley Turner wrote:
>
>> G'day,
>>
>> I fixed something simple in mythfrontend today ( ref:
>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/355 )
>>
>> But I can't seem to push my branch back up to Github:
>>
>> # git push origin? fix_ssa_subs_karaoke_broken
>> Username for 'https://github.com': kt--
>> Password for 'https://kt--@github.com':
>> remote: Permission to MythTV/mythtv.git denied to kt--.
>> fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git/': The
>> requested URL returned error: 403
>>
>> Is this an issue with me, or the repo?
>> ( I haven't used Github for years, so it's probably me. )
>>

> Pushing to the MythTV git repo is restricted to MythTV developers only.
> You will have to push to your own repo and create a pull request or simply
> create a patch and attach it to the issue.

Yep, I worked that out eventually ;)

I (think I) did so.

thanks,
-kt