That's the el7 box. F32 is recording at present, and I'm not sure when
the last scan was done.

John P
Re: Mythtv-setup: Channel scan button is broken in master [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 at 20:20, John Pilkington <johnpilk222@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nothing happens in current master 32.Pre.2369.gd2c2c8 or
> 32.Pre.2363.g91272 when Button 6 is hit. The scanning menu still works
> from the Button 5 Input connections page, and other buttons also seem
> responsive.
>
> That's the el7 box. F32 is recording at present, and I'm not sure when
> the last scan was done.
>
> I have tested my latest change (add button for Restore Data) with
MythWide-center but not yet with other themes.
What theme are you using?

Klaas.
Re: Mythtv-setup: Channel scan button is broken in master [ In reply to ]
On 23/02/2021 19:52, Klaas de Waal wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 at 20:20, John Pilkington <johnpilk222@gmail.com
> <mailto:johnpilk222@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Nothing happens in current master 32.Pre.2369.gd2c2c8 or
> 32.Pre.2363.g91272 when Button 6 is hit.  The scanning menu still works
> from the Button 5 Input connections page, and other buttons also seem
> responsive.
>
> That's the el7 box.  F32 is recording at present, and I'm not sure when
> the last scan was done.
>
> I have tested my latest change (add button for Restore Data) with
> MythWide-center but not yet with other themes.
> What theme are you using?
>
> Klaas.

Oh dear. It's a mildly customised MythCenter-wide. If that's it,
apologies. I've been intending to update it. Will check later.

John

Re: Mythtv-setup: Channel scan button is broken in master [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 at 21:04, John Pilkington <johnpilk222@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 23/02/2021 19:52, Klaas de Waal wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 at 20:20, John Pilkington <johnpilk222@gmail.com
> > <mailto:johnpilk222@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> > Nothing happens in current master 32.Pre.2369.gd2c2c8 or
> > 32.Pre.2363.g91272 when Button 6 is hit. The scanning menu still
> works
> > from the Button 5 Input connections page, and other buttons also seem
> > responsive.
> >
> > That's the el7 box. F32 is recording at present, and I'm not sure
> when
> > the last scan was done.
> >
> > I have tested my latest change (add button for Restore Data) with
> > MythWide-center but not yet with other themes.
> > What theme are you using?
> >
> > Klaas.
> >

> Oh dear. It's a mildly customised MythCenter-wide. If that's it,
> apologies. I've been intending to update it. Will check later.
>

> In the meantime I found the reason... when the new "Restore Data" button
is not found in the XML files then the "6. Channel Editor" does fail at
creation.
So it fails on all themes except the latest MythCenter-wide.
I think it is better to make it so that it still works even if the "Restore
Data" button is not in the theme.
Thanks for testing and reporting!

Klaas.
Re: Mythtv-setup: Channel scan button is broken in master [ In reply to ]
On 23/02/2021 20:03, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 23/02/2021 19:52, Klaas de Waal wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 at 20:20, John Pilkington <johnpilk222@gmail.com
>> <mailto:johnpilk222@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Nothing happens in current master 32.Pre.2369.gd2c2c8 or
>>     32.Pre.2363.g91272 when Button 6 is hit.  The scanning menu still
>> works
>>     from the Button 5 Input connections page, and other buttons also seem
>>     responsive.
>>
>>     That's the el7 box.  F32 is recording at present, and I'm not sure
>> when
>>     the last scan was done.
>>
>> I have tested my latest change (add button for Restore Data) with
>> MythWide-center but not yet with other themes.
>> What theme are you using?
>>
>> Klaas.
>>

> Oh dear.  It's a mildly customised MythCenter-wide.  If that's it,
> apologies.  I've been intending to update it.  Will check later.

I tried this with the Fedora 32 box, currently on 2365 but with a
recently refreshed MythCenter-wide theme, and the Channel scan page was
accessed as usual. I see Klaas has just added a warning, too. Thanks!