Mailing List Archive

Re: mythfrontend-20210221-arm-v32-Pre-2365-gb6e2003f64
On 2/23/21 8:43 AM, John wrote:
> Playback is very jerky with? the latest android build but fine with
> the same release on Intel hardware.
>
> Tested on F4K & Shield TV.
>
> I cannot say whether the issue is UK specific, tested with
> 1920*1080@25fps.
>
> H264 vaapi is good.
>
> Mediacodec and opengl on android poor.
>
> Apologies as I can't compile for android I cannot bisect the issue.
>
> FWIW mythfrontend-20201222-arm-v32-Pre-1870-g283caa7b84 is fine.

Have you tried the various options in the playback profile? I believe
the default playback profile for Mediacodec may have two entries, the
first one being for "Standard" decoding. If you have that it will use
Standard for everything and ignore the second entry. Delete the
"Standard" Entry if you have one and look at the Mediacodec entry. There
are options for Mediacodec and Mediacodec(decode only). Try various
options here to see if the problem is resolved.

You may have already done this. I will try it out later myself to see if
I have the same issues and respond.

At this point I am not working on the mythfrontend playback, Mark
Kendall is doing all of the work. I am just doing the packages. If the
problem persists, please create a ticket in github and Mark can take a
look at it.

Peter