Mailing List Archive

Check start byte of next table in packet commit impact on tuning reliability?
Klaas,

Is it possible that https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/58dfe835843a39065bce73af9dc1f586b48d9de3 may cause decreased sat tuning reliability on encrypted sat channels?

With this commit i see correlation of issue of approx few % of tunings failing at waiting on TLAMc.
Reverting this patch removes TLAMc failure case from running issues.

Re: Check start byte of next table in packet commit impact on tuning reliability? [ In reply to ]
Hi Piotr,

On Thu, 22 Oct 2020 at 12:03, Piotr Oniszczuk <piotr.oniszczuk@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Klaas,
>
> Is it possible that
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/58dfe835843a39065bce73af9dc1f586b48d9de3
> may cause decreased sat tuning reliability on encrypted sat channels?
>
> With this commit i see correlation of issue of approx few % of tunings
> failing at waiting on TLAMc.
> Reverting this patch removes TLAMc failure case from running issues.

The result of the commit should only be that a few more tables are actually
processed instead of being discarded because of checksum failures. I do not
have a clear view on how this can influence decryption, also given that
basic tuning has already been done otherwise there are no transport stream
packets at all.
Can you be specific on which satellite and which channels do give problems?
Is it for specific channels or is it random?
I can receive Astra-1/2/3 plus Hotbird 13.0E; if your problem is not random
but specific for channels on one of these satellites then I could do some
testing on it.

Thanks,
Klaas.
Re: Check start byte of next table in packet commit impact on tuning reliability? [ In reply to ]
> Wiadomo?? napisana przez Klaas de Waal <klaas.de.waal@gmail.com> w dniu 22.10.2020, o godz. 18:04:
>
> Hi Piotr,
>
> On Thu, 22 Oct 2020 at 12:03, Piotr Oniszczuk <piotr.oniszczuk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Klaas,
>
> Is it possible that https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/58dfe835843a39065bce73af9dc1f586b48d9de3 may cause decreased sat tuning reliability on encrypted sat channels?
>
> With this commit i see correlation of issue of approx few % of tunings failing at waiting on TLAMc.
> Reverting this patch removes TLAMc failure case from running issues.
>
> The result of the commit should only be that a few more tables are actually processed instead of being discarded because of checksum failures. I do not have a clear view on how this can influence decryption, also given that basic tuning has already been done otherwise there are no transport stream packets at all.
> Can you be specific on which satellite and which channels do give problems? Is it for specific channels or is it random?
> I can receive Astra-1/2/3 plus Hotbird 13.0E; if your problem is not random but specific for channels on one of these satellites then I could do some testing on it.
>
> Thanks,
> Klaas.

Klass,

After some usage I definitely see relation of 58dfe835843a39065bce73af9dc1f586b48d9de3 to reliability of LiveTV.

Issue is seen on some channels, is manifesting as tune stays on TL___

On 2 channels issue is well repeatable:

Hot Bird 13B, 12264.00, V, tpx78, sid 3106
Hot Bird 13C, 11487.77, H, tpx15, sid 5106

Revetting 58dfe835843a39065bce73af9dc1f586b48d9de3 makes tuning on above channels reliable.

br