Mailing List Archive

Seeking EIT test cases
Hi all,

In preparation for Qt6 support, all of the EIT fixups need to be
rewritten from the older QRegExp pattern matching class to the newer
QRegularExpression pattern matching class. While I think the
translation of the patterns themselves should be fairly simple (i.e.
ensuring that wildcard matches are non-greedy, etc), the code
performing the matching all needs to be rewritten for the different way
that QRegularExpression matching is performed. I'd like to build up a
set of test cases to make sure that I don't break anything during this
conversion.

There are specific fixup functions in MythTV for the following (based
on function names and comments):

Africa DVB-S MultiChoice
Australia DVB-S
Australia DVB-T (Nine Network)
Australia DVB-T (Seven Network)
Australia DVB-T (common to most)
Australia DVB-T (generic freeview)
Canadian BellExpressVu
Denmark DVB-C YouSee
Finland DVB-T
Germany ATV/ATV2
Germany DVB-C Kabel Deutschland and Premiere
Germany Disney Channel
Germany PRO7/Sat1
Germany RTL Group
Germany Unity Media
Greek Categories
Greek EIT (misc fixes for "(HD)", etc.)
Greek Subtitles
Netherlands DVB-C
Norway DVB-S
Norway DVB-T NRK
Sweden ComHem DVB-C
UK

The existing EIT test functions mostly cover the UK specific fixups.
There are also a handful of tests for Germany PRO7/Sat1, Germany
Premiere, Germany Unity Media, Germany Disney, and Germany ATV.

I can generate sample tests based on the existing patterns, but I'd
prefer to have real data. If anyone can provide me with real EIT data
samples for those countries/services and what you believe that MythTV
is parsing (or should parse), I can add those samples to the automated
tests and validate that the current code does actually parse properly.
This will also validate the converted patterns once the code is
switched over to QRegularExpressions.

I would appreciate responses in the next couple of weeks, even though
Qt6 isn't scheduled for release until the fall and the next major
release of MythTV is early 2022. I would like to get this buttoned up
and move on to the next Qt6 blocker.

Please feel free to respond to the list, or send to me directly.

Thanks.

David

Re: Seeking EIT test cases [ In reply to ]
Hi David,

I do not have much free time, so this is all I can offer.

I will try to provide you with EIT data from Denmark DVB-C YouSee, but only if
you can help me out.
I need instructions for capturing the data you want in the format
you need on the linux platform.
(I haven't touched DVB streams in ca. 2 years, and I haven't used the linux DVB
tools (including MythTV sry) for at least 3-4 years).

Rune