Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: FFmpeg Resync [ In reply to ]
On 7/16/20 4:26 AM, Mark Kendall wrote:
> Peter
>
> I'm good to go. Attached for reference is the revised patch (compiles
> but not tested yet).
>
> Probably more for Piotr's benefit (and as a reminder to myself) - I've
> looked at the patch set that Aman submitted to FFmpeg.
>
> Of the 25 patches, a handful are not relevant to us as they either
> deal with encoding or a new v4l2 scaling filter. Others were committed
> some time ago and have filtered into 4.3.
>
> I've incorporated one additional patch (1/25) and the bulk of the
> DRM_PRIME changes are in patches 15 and 16. These have been modified
> from the original versions. Some of this relates to ifdeffing the
> libdrm related code but I will need more time to understand whether
> there are other useful (i.e. non-cosmetic) changes that we can use.
>
> Regards
>
> Mark

OK - looks good. Are you going to apply it or do you want me to do that?
Should it be done in devel-ffmpeg branch or master branch?

Peter

Re: FFmpeg Resync [ In reply to ]
On 7/19/20 5:10 AM, Mark Kendall wrote:
> Peter
>
> I'm happy to apply to master once you've copied across the new FFmpeg version.
>
> Thanks and regards
> Mark

Mark

I have copied the new version into mythtv master and pushed it. I
compiled and ran a successful playback test.

Peter

Re: FFmpeg Resync [ In reply to ]
On 19/07/2020 17:36, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 7/19/20 5:10 AM, Mark Kendall wrote:
>> Peter
>>
>> I'm happy to apply to master once you've copied across the new FFmpeg
>> version.
>>
>> Thanks and regards
>> Mark
>>
> Mark
>
> I have copied the new version into mythtv master and pushed it. I
> compiled and ran a successful playback test.
>
> Peter

I have current 1c94272 with Fedora 31, nVidia GT750, with simultaneous
audio output to nVidia and old intel onboard. Playback seems ok so far,
but there was initially a problem (low gain setting?) with the onboard
audio, and the Frontend Setup Audio device scan and tests fail.

The audio tests in the Setup Wizard are fine. I've seen this
discrepancy before, but maybe not in the recent past.

I would prefer not to do detailed tests at present, so just a heads-up :-)

John P