So either way looks like lots of work. Do you folk think my efforts are better spent getting 30 to build, or getting a 31 osx frontend running

Thanks
James

Re: Opinion please [ In reply to ]
On 5/8/20 1:44 AM, Blue wrote:
> ansible is broken, configure is broken, and the actual src is broken
> eg python-lxml is now called python3-lxml

See John's latest post on the -users list (and forum) re ansible.
I'll look into the ansible piece of this puzzle.

--
Bill
Re: Opinion please [ In reply to ]
> Wiadomo?? napisana przez Blue <jam@tigger.ws> w dniu 08.05.2020, o godz. 08:44:
>
> Hi all
>
> trying to build 30 on a modern system is fraught. My egs are opensuse tumbleweed and ubuntu 20.04
>
> ansible is broken, configure is broken, and the actual src is broken
> eg python-lxml is now called python3-lxml
>
> 31 builds perfectly and works.
>
> My only reason for wanting 30 is that one of my frontends is mac osx. I have managed to build an osx 30 frontend that works nicely. I have not managed to build 31, but jhoyt has but he has seg faults attributed to stack not 16 byte alighned.

James - if You are looking for frontend-only for macOS - You may try: https://github.com/warpme/mythv-osx-build-script/releases

Happy watching

Re: Opinion please [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 8 May 2020 at 07:45, Blue <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:

> So either way looks like lots of work. Do you folk think my efforts are better spent getting 30 to build, or getting a 31 osx frontend running

Well - if 0.31 OSX isn't building or running, that needs fixing. FWIW,
it builds and runs fine here but with an ancient macbook (10.12 I
think).

Regards
Mark
Re: Opinion please [ In reply to ]
> On 11 May 2020, at 8:00 pm, mythtv-dev-request@mythtv.org wrote:
>

>> Wiadomo?? napisana przez Blue <jam@tigger.ws> w dniu 08.05.2020, o godz. 08:44:
>>
>> Hi all
>>
>> trying to build 30 on a modern system is fraught. My egs are opensuse tumbleweed and ubuntu 20.04
>>
>> ansible is broken, configure is broken, and the actual src is broken
>> eg python-lxml is now called python3-lxml
>>
>> 31 builds perfectly and works.
>>
>> My only reason for wanting 30 is that one of my frontends is mac osx. I have managed to build an osx 30 frontend that works nicely. I have not managed to build 31, but jhoyt has but he has seg faults attributed to stack not 16 byte alighned.
>
> James - if You are looking for frontend-only for macOS - You may try: https://github.com/warpme/mythv-osx-build-script/releases

Piotr thanks.
The version you’ve posted was 32 pre.
Have you a 31 fixes lying around?

I have used versions you’ve built before - thanks
James