I'm running version 32. In mythtv-setup, I select a channel and Icon
Download and try to download an icon for an individual channel and it
fails. It does work if you go through all the icons one by one.
Re: Downloading individual channel icon doesn't work in version 32 of mythtv [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 6 May 2020 at 18:21, Scott Simpson <ssimpson@alumni.usc.edu> wrote:

> I'm running version 32. In mythtv-setup, I select a channel and Icon
> Download and try to download an icon for an individual channel and it
> fails. It does work if you go through all the icons one by one.
>
> Amazing! I thought that this feature had stopped working several years ago
when lyngsat did not allow it anymore. Or something like that. But I just
tried it and for my Dutch channels,selecting a channel, then selecting Icon
Download, then making a choice out of the available icons does actualy work
now.

Klaas.
Re: Downloading individual channel icon doesn't work in version 32 of mythtv [ In reply to ]
It works for going through all the icons, but not for repairing
individual channels. Here is what I'm seeing on an individual channel
(OneDrive link):

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnLKQys3vdcDtRLyS-gK_XJ81mCi?e=dUiV1L

It loads the icon search screen which exits and then it takes me back to
the mythtv-setup screen.

Re: Downloading individual channel icon doesn't work in version 32 of mythtv [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 7 May 2020 at 01:48, Scott Simpson <ssimpson@alumni.usc.edu> wrote:

> It works for going through all the icons, but not for repairing
> individual channels. Here is what I'm seeing on an individual channel
> (OneDrive link):
>
> https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnLKQys3vdcDtRLyS-gK_XJ81mCi?e=dUiV1L
>
> It loads the icon search screen which exits and then it takes me back to
> the mythtv-setup screen.
>
> I found yesterday that it does not allow me to load a new icon if there is
already one present for a channel. So to update/repair an icon you have to
edit the channel and remove the icon name in the icon path field. And then
you can download a new icon for that channel.
I also do have duplicate channel names, but in my case with the same
channel number and from different video sources. Then, after selecting an
icon (with space) nothing does happen, you have to do the space again and
then at the end both channels are done and have the same icon.
In your case, with duplicate channel names with different channel numbers
but in the same video source, I do not know what happens.

Klaas.
Re: Downloading individual channel icon doesn't work in version 32 of mythtv [ In reply to ]
I use Comcast in the San Francisco Bay Area and they duplicate some HD
channels. The 7XX range are the HD channels and those channels are
duplicated in the 11XX range. I think they are trying to move into the
higher ranges with four digits. Anyways, it seems to me that the "edit
an individual icon" functionality doesn't work consistently and there
are some problems. I don't know if this section of the code is being
actively developed. As you stated, I'm using a single video source (with
three tuners on an HDHomeRun Prime).