episodes shows as 0000-00-00.  Something must have changed. I think I
remember some discussion about this.

This causes me a slight problem, since I use the original air date with
mythlink.pl.

I think the original air date should be set to airdate if original air
date is 0000-00-00.

Any idea what may have changed?

Peter

Re: Schedules Direct Original Air Date not longer correct [ In reply to ]
(I just realized I replied just to Peter (my default is to
reply direct, not reply-all (less embarrassment that
way(*)), so here is what I had replied directly, but note
(IMPORTANT note) that I have done no validation
that the pointer to the commit has anything do with
anything).

---- direct email ----

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 4:37 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:
> .... Something must have changed.

Possibly 56277c79b7474d87c31bc67785972df16620115e ?

it at least partially aligns with your date(s).

---- end direct email ----

(*) Tell me you have not experienced a reply-all
email bomb......
Re: Schedules Direct Original Air Date not longer correct [ In reply to ]
On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 4:41 PM Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster@gmail.com>
wrote:

> (I just realized I replied just to Peter (my default is to
> reply direct, not reply-all (less embarrassment that
> way(*)), so here is what I had replied directly, but note
> (IMPORTANT note) that I have done no validation
> that the pointer to the commit has anything do with
> anything).
>
> ---- direct email ----
>
> On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 4:37 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:
> > .... Something must have changed.
>
> Possibly 56277c79b7474d87c31bc67785972df16620115e ?
>
> it at least partially aligns with your date(s).

That commit only applies to manual recording rules created using the
Services API.

After I complained about the same issue, my lazy fix was to hack
tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite such that it ALWAYS set original air date. The
correct solution is probably to modify mythfilldatabase such that it sets
originalairdate to the airdate, if originalairdate is not valid and
previously shown is false?

John
Re: Schedules Direct Original Air Date not longer correct [ In reply to ]
On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 11:03 PM John P Poet <jppoet@gmail.com> wrote:

> The correct solution is probably to modify mythfilldatabase such that it sets originalairdate to the airdate, if originalairdate is not valid and previously shown is false?

That would be one approach, although I
admit to not having enough examples of
XMLTV sources to know if that would
cause more/differnet problems.

I would suggest the true correct solution
is to determine what is necessary for
"proper" scheduling(*), and then insure
that the sources can provide that
information.

That might require a formal proposal
to the EIT standardization committees
and/or the XMLTV project to accept and
provide a new optional entity (original-airdate,
or a new-episode tag for XMLTV?)).

The easiest solution is often over-record
(if in doubt, record). You can never go
wrong recording too much, but can easily
go wrong recording too little.

(*) Proper is always in the eye of the
beholder, but I suspect we can mostly
achieve a essential consensus across
all projects that wish to record content.
Re: Schedules Direct Original Air Date not longer correct [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 3 May 2020 23:14:27 +0000, you wrote:

>On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 11:03 PM John P Poet <jppoet@gmail.com> wrote:

>The easiest solution is often over-record
>(if in doubt, record). You can never go
>wrong recording too much, but can easily
>go wrong recording too little.

"Never" is a bit too big a word here. The obvious exception to "if in
doubt, record" is when you are out of recording space and any new
recording will cause older ones to be expired.