Mailing List Archive

Changes needed to ansible for Raspberry Pi for mythtv v31
Hi Stuart

For the raspberry pi (buster) build of V31, some changes are needed,
extra build dependencies. Please can you add these for raspberry pi. I
would expect they would also be needed for other environments, perhaps
that was already done.

These are needed for the python bindings, otherwise the python bindings
get disabled
python3-lxml
python3-mysqldb
python3-future

This is needed for plugins, otherwise NetMinder gets disabled
libmariadb-dev-compat

NOTE I cannot build Zoneminder, because it is asking for python3-urllib2
BUT only python3-urllib3 is available.
Zoneminder also wants python3-pycurl and python3-oauth - but until it
can use urllib3 there is no point in adding these.

For now, Zoneminder is disabled

If somebody sorts out the urllib3 problem, I can fix mythtv-light so
that zoneminder will be built.

Peter

Re: Changes needed to ansible for Raspberry Pi for mythtv v31 [ In reply to ]
On 23/03/2020 21:25, Peter Bennett wrote:
> Hi Stuart
>
> For the raspberry pi (buster) build of V31, some changes are needed,
> extra build dependencies. Please can you add these for raspberry pi. I
> would expect they would also be needed for other environments, perhaps
> that was already done.
>
> These are needed for the python bindings, otherwise the python
> bindings get disabled
> python3-lxml
> python3-mysqldb
> python3-future
>
> This is needed for plugins, otherwise NetMinder gets disabled
> libmariadb-dev-compat
>
> NOTE I cannot build Zoneminder, because it is asking for
> python3-urllib2 BUT only python3-urllib3 is available.
> Zoneminder also wants python3-pycurl and python3-oauth - but until it
> can use urllib3 there is no point in adding these.
>
> For now, Zoneminder is disabled
>
> If somebody sorts out the urllib3 problem, I can fix mythtv-light so
> that zoneminder will be built.
>
> Peter

Are you saying MythZoneminder requires python3-urllib2, python3-pycurl
and python3-oauth?  I don't think that is correct MythZoneminder doesn't
use python?

Paul H.

Re: Changes needed to ansible for Raspberry Pi for mythtv v31 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 1:33 PM Paul Harrison <mythtv@mythqml.net> wrote:

> On 23/03/2020 21:25, Peter Bennett wrote:
> >
> > NOTE I cannot build Zoneminder, because it is asking for
> > python3-urllib2 BUT only python3-urllib3 is available.
> > Zoneminder also wants python3-pycurl and python3-oauth - but until it
> > can use urllib3 there is no point in adding these.
> >
> > For now, Zoneminder is disabled
> >
> > If somebody sorts out the urllib3 problem, I can fix mythtv-light so
> > that zoneminder will be built.
> >
> Are you saying MythZoneminder requires python3-urllib2, python3-pycurl
> and python3-oauth? I don't think that is correct MythZoneminder doesn't
> use python?

I think he means mytnetvision, which I dropped in the Fedora/RPM Fusion
package for the same reason. I got some hints that pointing configure to
urllib3 should fix building, but no clue if it would actually function
properly. Another mentioned its pretty buggy so I decided just to drop the
package for now.

Thanks,
Richard
Re: Changes needed to ansible for Raspberry Pi for mythtv v31 [ In reply to ]
On 25/03/2020 18:36, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 1:33 PM Paul Harrison <mythtv@mythqml.net
> <mailto:mythtv@mythqml.net>> wrote:
>

> On 23/03/2020 21:25, Peter Bennett wrote:
> >
> > NOTE I cannot build Zoneminder, because it is asking for
> > python3-urllib2 BUT only python3-urllib3 is available.
> > Zoneminder also wants python3-pycurl and python3-oauth - but
> until it
> > can use urllib3 there is no point in adding these.
> >
> > For now, Zoneminder is disabled
> >
> > If somebody sorts out the urllib3 problem, I can fix
> mythtv-light so
> > that zoneminder will be built.
> >
> Are you saying MythZoneminder requires python3-urllib2,
> python3-pycurl
> and python3-oauth?  I don't think that is correct MythZoneminder
> doesn't
> use python?
>

> I think he means mytnetvision, which I dropped in the Fedora/RPM
> Fusion package for the same reason. I got some hints that pointing
> configure to urllib3 should fix building, but no clue if it would
> actually function properly. Another mentioned its pretty buggy so I
> decided just to drop the package for now.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

Ah OK that makes more sense.

Sadly MythNetvision has more problems than simple packaging stuff and
probably should be put out of it's misery and removed unless someone
want to step forward and support it again.

Paul H.
Re: Changes needed to ansible for Raspberry Pi for mythtv v31 [ In reply to ]
On 3/25/20 2:44 PM, Paul Harrison wrote:

> On 25/03/2020 18:36, Richard Shaw wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 1:33 PM Paul Harrison <mythtv@mythqml.net
>> <mailto:mythtv@mythqml.net>> wrote:
>>

>> On 23/03/2020 21:25, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> >
>> > NOTE I cannot build Zoneminder, because it is asking for
>> > python3-urllib2 BUT only python3-urllib3 is available.
>> > Zoneminder also wants python3-pycurl and python3-oauth - but
>> until it
>> > can use urllib3 there is no point in adding these.
>> >
>> > For now, Zoneminder is disabled
>> >
>> > If somebody sorts out the urllib3 problem, I can fix
>> mythtv-light so
>> > that zoneminder will be built.
>> >
>> Are you saying MythZoneminder requires python3-urllib2,
>> python3-pycurl
>> and python3-oauth?  I don't think that is correct MythZoneminder
>> doesn't
>> use python?
>>

>> I think he means mytnetvision, which I dropped in the Fedora/RPM
>> Fusion package for the same reason. I got some hints that pointing
>> configure to urllib3 should fix building, but no clue if it would
>> actually function properly. Another mentioned its pretty buggy so I
>> decided just to drop the package for now.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Richard
>>

> Ah OK that makes more sense.
>
> Sadly MythNetvision has more problems than simple packaging stuff and
> probably should be put out of it's misery and removed unless someone
> want to step forward and support it again.
>

> Paul H.

I apologize - it is MythNetVision that need urllib2 and will not build
with urllib3.  MythZoneMinder is OK.

Peter
Re: Changes needed to ansible for Raspberry Pi for mythtv v31 [ In reply to ]
On 25/03/2020 18:44, Paul Harrison wrote:

> Sadly MythNetvision has more problems than simple packaging stuff and
> probably should be put out of it's misery and removed unless someone
> want to step forward and support it again.

I personally vote for putting it out of it's misery.

It needs a complete rewrite as it currently uses QtWebKit which
is itself obsolete.

Regards
Stuart
Re: Changes needed to ansible for Raspberry Pi for mythtv v31 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 11:34 AM Stuart Auchterlonie
<stuarta@squashedfrog.net> wrote:

> It needs a complete rewrite as it currently uses QtWebKit which
> is itself obsolete.

It (or at least some of its components)
also currently depends on an obsolete
and no longer maintained upstream