Mailing List Archive

New problem building master rpms
My attempt with today's aa46cdd for fc30 failed with installed but
unpackaged files in /usr/include/exiv2/
Re: New problem building master rpms [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2020-03-24 at 13:44 +0000, John Pilkington wrote:
> My attempt with today's aa46cdd for fc30 failed with installed but
> unpackaged files in /usr/include/exiv2/

Hi John,

Thanks for finding that. In order to bump the c++ standard from c++11
to c++17, I had to package a git snapshot of exiv2 into MythTV. I need
to update the makefiles to install those header files into
/usr/include/mythtv/exiv2 instead of /usr/include/exiv2. (Or I could
possibly not install them at all since I don't think any of the plugins
use exiv2.)

David

Re: New problem building master rpms [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2020-03-24 at 10:06 -0400, David Hampton wrote:
> On Tue, 2020-03-24 at 13:44 +0000, John Pilkington wrote:
> > My attempt with today's aa46cdd for fc30 failed with installed but
> > unpackaged files in /usr/include/exiv2/
>
> Hi John,
>
> Thanks for finding that. In order to bump the c++ standard from
> c++11
> to c++17, I had to package a git snapshot of exiv2 into MythTV. I
> need
> to update the makefiles to install those header files into
> /usr/include/mythtv/exiv2 instead of /usr/include/exiv2. (Or I could
> possibly not install them at all since I don't think any of the
> plugins
> use exiv2.)

I just committed a fix, if you want to retry your build. You'll need
to add the files in /usr/include/mythtv/exiv2 to your spec file.

David

Re: New problem building master rpms [ In reply to ]
On 24/03/2020 19:46, David Hampton wrote:
> On Tue, 2020-03-24 at 10:06 -0400, David Hampton wrote:
>> On Tue, 2020-03-24 at 13:44 +0000, John Pilkington wrote:
>>> My attempt with today's aa46cdd for fc30 failed with installed but
>>> unpackaged files in /usr/include/exiv2/
>>
>> Hi John,
>>
>> Thanks for finding that. In order to bump the c++ standard from
>> c++11
>> to c++17, I had to package a git snapshot of exiv2 into MythTV. I
>> need
>> to update the makefiles to install those header files into
>> /usr/include/mythtv/exiv2 instead of /usr/include/exiv2. (Or I could
>> possibly not install them at all since I don't think any of the
>> plugins
>> use exiv2.)
>
> I just committed a fix, if you want to retry your build. You'll need
> to add the files in /usr/include/mythtv/exiv2 to your spec file.
>
> David

Thanks David. FWIW I tried deleting the BuildRequires: exiv2-devel,
since there was no other mention of exiv in either spec file, but it
still reported the unpackaged files...

... and now I find that I never sent that post. But a build with the
'tweaked' commit 2c71865 succeeded and is running under Fedora 30. The
spec files used were unchanged from the recent successful builds.

John

Re: New problem building master rpms [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2020-03-24 at 23:00 +0000, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 24/03/2020 19:46, David Hampton wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi John,
> > >
> > > Thanks for finding that. In order to bump the c++ standard from
> > > c++11
> > > to c++17, I had to package a git snapshot of exiv2 into
> > > MythTV. I
> > > need
> > > to update the makefiles to install those header files into
> > > /usr/include/mythtv/exiv2 instead of /usr/include/exiv2. (Or I
> > > could
> > > possibly not install them at all since I don't think any of the
> > > plugins
> > > use exiv2.)
> >
> > I just committed a fix, if you want to retry your build. You'll
> > need
> > to add the files in /usr/include/mythtv/exiv2 to your spec file.
> >
> > David
>
> Thanks David. FWIW I tried deleting the BuildRequires: exiv2-
> devel,
> since there was no other mention of exiv in either spec file, but it
> still reported the unpackaged files...

At the moment, the MythTV master branch doesn't require exiv2-devel but
all older branches still do. As soon as the exiv2 developers release
version 0.28 of exiv2 and it makes it into releases, the master branch
will prefer that over the embedded version of libexiv2. I don't know
the expected timeframe for that release. I'd say the easiest thing
would be to just leave the "BuildRequires: exiv2-devel" line in your
spec file.

David