when the sound played but the picture was a uniform green. I didn't
find an option set that made it work. Commits since then are likely to
have changed this.
Re: ubuntu ppa master: green screen [ In reply to ]
On 08/12/2019 09:24, John Pilkington wrote:
> I tried 77022ee, which seems to be the first build since the 2019-render
> merge, on my old laptop, again using a window-with-border in kubuntu
> bionic and standard decoding.  All seemed to go well until playback,
> when the sound played but the picture was a uniform green.  I didn't
> find an option set that made it work.  Commits since then are likely to
> have changed this.

Upgraded to eb1ed49, still the same. My el7 build of 19e3f361565 has
only the minor problems already reported. I haven't seen anything that
looks relevant in logs. Any likely options?

Re: ubuntu ppa master: green screen [ In reply to ]
John

Can you post the full output of:-

mythfrontend -v playback,gpu

Thanks
Mark

Re: ubuntu ppa master: green screen [ In reply to ]
On 08/12/2019 14:37, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 08/12/2019 09:24, John Pilkington wrote:
>> I tried 77022ee, which seems to be the first build since the
>> 2019-render merge, on my old laptop, again using a window-with-border
>> in kubuntu bionic and standard decoding.  All seemed to go well until
>> playback, when the sound played but the picture was a uniform green.
>> I didn't find an option set that made it work.  Commits since then are
>> likely to have changed this.
>
> Upgraded to eb1ed49, still the same.  My el7 build of 19e3f361565 has
> only the minor problems already reported.  I haven't seen anything that
> looks relevant in logs.  Any likely options?

Playback of both mpeg2 SD and h264 HD is working again with Standard
decoder, OpenGL renderer, and Medium quality deinterlacers with the
other deinterlace options unticked. Those settings may not be optimum,
but they work for me.