being scheduled and lots more are being delayed ("Later").

Is there a relatively easy way for me to let the scheduler know that that
source is going away after December 7th so it knows it cannot schedule
conflicting shows after that date?

I don't mind making temporary code changes to make this happen. I am just
hoping for a simple solution.

Thanks,

John
Re: Dropping Directv -- tell scheduler date that source is no longer valid? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 17:04:25 -0700, you wrote:

>Hey David,
>
>I am dropping Directv effective December 7th. As it happens, Directv is
>having one of their "free" weekends for Thanksgiving, so lots of shows are
>being scheduled and lots more are being delayed ("Later").
>
>Is there a relatively easy way for me to let the scheduler know that that
>source is going away after December 7th so it knows it cannot schedule
>conflicting shows after that date?
>
>I don't mind making temporary code changes to make this happen. I am just
>hoping for a simple solution.
>
>Thanks,
>
>John

I would fix that by running a script just after mythfilldatabase runs
that deletes all the EPG data in the program table for the Directv
source after your end date, then runs mythutil --resched. I have a
script like this that does edits to my EPG data to get around problems
caused by bad data from my EPG sources and it works well. I run
mythfilldatabase from my script rather than from mythbackend, and
schedule that script from a cron job under my mythfrontend user, which
makes it easy to do additional things to the EPG data.
Re: Dropping Directv -- tell scheduler date that source is no longer valid? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 05:04:25PM -0700, John P Poet wrote:
> Hey David,
>
> I am dropping Directv effective December 7th. As it happens, Directv is
> having one of their "free" weekends for Thanksgiving, so lots of shows are
> being scheduled and lots more are being delayed ("Later").
>
> Is there a relatively easy way for me to let the scheduler know that that
> source is going away after December 7th so it knows it cannot schedule
> conflicting shows after that date?
>
> I don't mind making temporary code changes to make this happen. I am just
> hoping for a simple solution.

Like Stephen suggested, I would start by deleting any program entries
for December 7 or later. After doing that once, I'd try to prevent
those days from getting populated at all any more. You can use the
--refresh option with mythfilldatabase to do that. For example, I
think you would use --refresh 1-11 for tomorrow (Monday, November 25),
--refresh 1-10 for Tuesday and then keep decreasing the last day by
one for each new day until you get to just --refresh 1-1. You can
change that leading 1 to 0 or use --refresh today if you want to also
refresh the current day.

David
--
David Engel
david@istwok.net
Re: Dropping Directv -- tell scheduler date that source is no longer valid? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 10:59 PM David Engel <david@istwok.net> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 05:04:25PM -0700, John P Poet wrote:
> > Hey David,
> >
> > I am dropping Directv effective December 7th. As it happens, Directv is
> > having one of their "free" weekends for Thanksgiving, so lots of shows
> are
> > being scheduled and lots more are being delayed ("Later").
> >
> > Is there a relatively easy way for me to let the scheduler know that that
> > source is going away after December 7th so it knows it cannot schedule
> > conflicting shows after that date?
> >
> > I don't mind making temporary code changes to make this happen. I am just
> > hoping for a simple solution.
>
> Like Stephen suggested, I would start by deleting any program entries
> for December 7 or later. After doing that once, I'd try to prevent
> those days from getting populated at all any more. You can use the
> --refresh option with mythfilldatabase to do that. For example, I
> think you would use --refresh 1-11 for tomorrow (Monday, November 25),
> --refresh 1-10 for Tuesday and then keep decreasing the last day by
> one for each new day until you get to just --refresh 1-1. You can
> change that leading 1 to 0 or use --refresh today if you want to also
> refresh the current day.

Thank you, everyone. That solution works fine.

John