haven't tried master.

Theme is Myth-center-wide with minor tweaks. The editor still works,
and completed cuts are shown as red-on-green, but navigation using only
the numerical display is 'difficult'; particularly so for radio :-)

Qt versions, if relevant, compile and run, are 5.9.7 for el7, 5.12.5 for
f30.

Best regards,

John P
Re: 2019-devel: Video editor cursor position not meaningful. [ In reply to ]
On 22/11/2019 17:53, John Pilkington wrote:
> This affects both my el7 and f30 builds of current head, c704391. It's
> new after the previous builds for both, at 0907c2db on 18 Nov.  I
> haven't tried master.

It works as normal in kubuntu 18.04 master ppa 776765. No HD recordings
there for previewgen tests, though.

Re: 2019-devel: Video editor cursor position not meaningful. [ In reply to ]
John

I'm not sure what you mean by 'not meaningful' or 'difficult'. Can you
describe the problem?

Again, some logs would be more helpful.

Regards
Mark

Re: 2019-devel: Video editor cursor position not meaningful. [ In reply to ]
On 26/11/2019 08:57, Mark Kendall wrote:
> John
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by 'not meaningful' or 'difficult'. Can you
> describe the problem?

Hi, Mark: When in edit mode there used to be a cursor that indicated
the current position. Now it usually isn't visible, or sits at the
start or end. The cursor gave trouble with one of the earlier Qt
updates, I think, but I didn't find a reference. Something to do with
undrawing it and redrawing it in the right place, or twice with a
1-pixel shift, iirc.

In truth, editing without it is possible once one understands the
limitations, but it would be nice to get it back.

Yesterday I 'downgraded' to master on the F30 box - had segfaults on a
retune in render - and the editor there now has quirks with keyframe and
single-frame steps that weren't there before. Again inconvenient but
not killers.

> Again, some logs would be more helpful.

Would probably need a lot of commentary as well. I'll try the other
problems first.