Mailing List Archive

BuildBot mythtv master Ubuntu 18.04
Just a heads up:

The recent changes to mythtv master for python 3 are are causing
Buildbot to build without python bindings, the build is still reported
as good.

The commit at
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/1df343e9ab7defa284a73390210a65cf2112f17e

lists new packages (but does not mention which are build depends or run
time depends).

New packages required:
    python-uritools
    python3-uritools
    python-mailer
    python3-mailer
    python-simplejson
    python3-simplejson
    python3-mysqldb # required for bindings too
    python3-future  # required for bindings too

There is a message WARNING: disabling Python bindings; missing uritools

 at
https://code.mythtv.org/buildbot/#/builders/22/builds/279/steps/8/logs/stdio

it seems that build depends python-uritools is missing.

I think ansible also needs updating.

Mike
Re: BuildBot mythtv master Ubuntu 18.04 [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 5:32 PM Mike Bibbings <mike.bibbings@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just a heads up:

Already reported in ticket #13512 and the dev is on it.
Re: BuildBot mythtv master Ubuntu 18.04 [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 5:32 PM Mike Bibbings <mike.bibbings@gmail.com> wrote:

> lists new packages (but does not mention which are build depends or run time depends).

As I understand it, there is a historical artifact
that in some cases run time dependencies are
in configure (and some times they are not), so
that one can just do a "make install" after the
"make", and have a mostly working system.

That does mean that the build (only) systems
may need to install run time (only) dependencies
just to build everything.

As I build all my packages in mock, it mostly is
just another few BuildRequires in the spec files
for me, so I don't really care one way or another
that run time only dependencies are in configure.
Re: BuildBot mythtv master Ubuntu 18.04 [ In reply to ]
On 19/11/2019 17:56, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 5:32 PM Mike Bibbings <mike.bibbings@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> lists new packages (but does not mention which are build depends or run time depends).
> As I understand it, there is a historical artifact
> that in some cases run time dependencies are
> in configure (and some times they are not), so
> that one can just do a "make install" after the
> "make", and have a mostly working system.
>
> That does mean that the build (only) systems
> may need to install run time (only) dependencies
> just to build everything.
>
> As I build all my packages in mock, it mostly is
> just another few BuildRequires in the spec files
> for me, so I don't really care one way or another
> that run time only dependencies are in configure.

I was thinking of MythTV Build from source instructions at
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Build_from_Source

which does have the distinction between build and run time depends.

Personally I use ansible where possible.

Mike

Re: BuildBot mythtv master Ubuntu 18.04 [ In reply to ]
On 11/19/19 11:32 AM, Mike Bibbings wrote:
> Just a heads up:
>
> The recent changes to mythtv master for python 3 are are causing Buildbot to build without python bindings, the build is still reported as good.
>
> The commit at https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/1df343e9ab7defa284a73390210a65cf2112f17e
>
> lists new packages (but does not mention which are build depends or run time depends).
>

> New packages required:
>     python-uritools
>     python3-uritools
>     python-mailer
>     python3-mailer
>     python-simplejson
>     python3-simplejson
>     python3-mysqldb # required for bindings too
>     python3-future  # required for bindings too
>
> There is a message WARNING: disabling Python bindings; missing uritools
>
>  at https://code.mythtv.org/buildbot/#/builders/22/builds/279/steps/8/logs/stdio
>
> it seems that build depends python-uritools is missing.
>
> I think ansible also needs updating.

Just pushed a configure commit. That should let the Python bindings
build/install.

Working on ansible.

Seems uritools was left over in my notes from early conversion
tests and shouldn't have been added.

pythonX-mailer had a handy function called _make_boundary and I've
replaced that with a random number (and the same ='s as before.)

Both will go away, but I found another issue and am trying to fix
that now. All of this is related to the Hardware Profile scripts.
The bindings (which Roland Ernst did and credits Mark Spieth too)
seem to be working. I released too early, but want users to be able
to test custom scripts/Wiki tools before the projected v31 release
in January.

Gary also made a ticket for the Fedora/CentOS cases:
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13512

--
Bill