Mailing List Archive

render2019: creation of CUDA context
After installing builds of c4db49a yesterday, and 76bca2a today, the
first run of mythfrontend finds VDPAU during startup but fails to create
CUDA context. I don't recall problems on starting playback. Exit and
restart and it's fine. ??

John
Re: render2019: creation of CUDA context [ In reply to ]
John

This is a known issue
(https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/2019-render#Known_bugs_-_unresolved) but
I can't reproduce it anymore - I've just gone through about 30
startups to try and trigger it again. What nvidia driver version are
you on? (435.21 here)

Regards
Mark

Re: render2019: creation of CUDA context [ In reply to ]
On 11/10/2019 18:26, Mark Kendall wrote:
> John
>
> This is a known issue
> (https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/2019-render#Known_bugs_-_unresolved) but
> I can't reproduce it anymore - I've just gone through about 30
> startups to try and trigger it again. What nvidia driver version are
> you on? (435.21 here)
>
> Regards
> Mark

430.40

I have only seen it during the first startup after installation and a
quick in-and-out of mythtv-setup. I didn't notice any bad effects; just
seemed worth mentioning.