Mark,

Just small progress report regarding myth on some arm systems.

Fixing issue with playback black screen on arm mali gpu is progressing well :-)
I can now play some videos with yv12 renderer on mali.

It looks however that amlogic hw decoder uses multiplanar nv12 pix fmt. (nv12m).
By this I add V4L2_PIX_FMT_NV12M in checks at mythtv/libs/libmythtv/mythv4l2m2mcontext.cpp#L262
Unfortunately any attempt to play content with v4l2 m2m decode on s905 v4l2 gives error like in log: https://pastebin.com/FnYrNvn7

Let me know what You think!

Re: V4L2_PIX_FMT_NV12M for amlogic hw decode support? [ In reply to ]
Hi Piotr.

Currently on my summer travels - won’t be back for another 2 weeks or so.

In the meantime:

Re yv12 playback- have there been fixes to the Lima driver? Curious why you
can only play some videos.

Re NV12M - change looks fine. Though I wonder if the ffmpeg code will
handle that enum?

Re playback errors - try removing the call to
MythV4L2M2MContext::SetDecoderOptions - that’s the only reason I can think
of for that error.

Regards
Mark

Re: V4L2_PIX_FMT_NV12M for amlogic hw decode support? [ In reply to ]
Mark,
pls see inline

> Wiadomo?? napisana przez Mark Kendall <mark.kendall@gmail.com> w dniu 17.08.2019, o godz. 02:42:
>
> Hi Piotr.
>
> Currently on my summer travels - won’t be back for another 2 weeks or so.
>
> In the meantime:
>
> Re yv12 playback- have there been fixes to the Lima driver? Curious why you can only play some videos.

I suspect issue might be related to:
1. Different shaders configuration (isn’t that mpeg2 playback uses different DI shaders?)
2. mesa-lima still has bug for recordings with subtitles/CC (where also text is needed to be rendered)

> Re NV12M - change looks fine. Though I wonder if the ffmpeg code will handle that enum?

I don’t see any errors at compile nor runtime. Is it means that NV12M already has such enum?
mythffmpeg plays ok test videos with amlogic m2m vdec

> Re playback errors - try removing the call to
> MythV4L2M2MContext::SetDecoderOptions - that’s the only reason I can think of for that error.

Unfortunately this not helps. Error is the same :-(