Mailing List Archive

Support for multiple delivery systems
I've just added a patch for today's master to ticket #13014 that
implements delivery system selection for DVB-tuners that can do DVB-T,
DVB-T2 or DVB-C. This is a first version, for testing only; there is a
lot of debug output and it uses column displayname of database table
capturecard. This allows testing on today's master without the need to
modify the database. The full solution will include a new column
deliverysystem.

N.B. The names presented for the delivery systems have been changed to
be the same as what is used in libdvbv5 and in the dvb-fe-tool; for
instance, DVB-T, DVB-T2 and DVBCAC have been changed to DVBT, DVBT2
and DVBC/ANNEX_A.
N.B. This is a minimal implementation, to keep the size of the patch
small and to make review possible. This is thus not the complete
change from DVBv3 to DVBv5; that will be done in ticket #12638.

I would appreciate feedback on how this solution works on other
people's systems and also how the implementation can be improved so
that I can prepare a full solution to be integrated in master.

Thanks,
Klaas.
Re: Support for multiple delivery systems [ In reply to ]
On 14/03/2019 15:08, Klaas de Waal wrote:
> I've just added a patch for today's master to ticket #13014 that
> implements delivery system selection for DVB-tuners that can do DVB-T,
> DVB-T2 or DVB-C. This is a first version, for testing only; there is a
> lot of debug output and it uses column displayname of database table
> capturecard. This allows testing on today's master without the need to
> modify the database. The full solution will include a new column
> deliverysystem.
>
> N.B. The names presented for the delivery systems have been changed to
> be the same as what is used in libdvbv5 and in the dvb-fe-tool; for
> instance, DVB-T, DVB-T2 and DVBCAC have been changed to DVBT, DVBT2
> and DVBC/ANNEX_A.
> N.B. This is a minimal implementation, to keep the size of the patch
> small and to make review possible. This is thus not the complete
> change from DVBv3 to DVBv5; that will be done in ticket #12638.
>
> I would appreciate feedback on how this solution works on other
> people's systems and also how the implementation can be improved so
> that I can prepare a full solution to be integrated in master.
>
> Thanks,
> Klaas.

I have done some quick tests and updated the ticket
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13014

Mike