The following windows have "custom" layouts which are not necessary, and
could be easily handled by the "settingssetup" window:

grabbersettings, generalsettings, playersettings, ratingsettings,
importsettings, burningsettings, visualizationsettings, file_associations,
playersettings, metadatasettings, global-setup

There may be others, but those are the ones that I noticed. Getting rid of
those windows would make it easier on themers.

John
Re: MythUI settings conversions [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 16:20:11 -0700
John P Poet <jppoet@gmail.com> wrote:

> I appreciate the work that has been done to convert the old Setup UI
> code to use MythUI. Along those same lines, I would like to request
> some "custom" MythUI setup windows also be converted to use the
> "settingssetup" window.
>
> The following windows have "custom" layouts which are not necessary,
> and could be easily handled by the "settingssetup" window:
>
> grabbersettings, generalsettings, playersettings, ratingsettings,
> importsettings, burningsettings, visualizationsettings,
> file_associations, playersettings, metadatasettings, global-setup
>
> There may be others, but those are the ones that I noticed. Getting
> rid of those windows would make it easier on themers.
>
> John

How about getting rid of those pages altogether.
It's long been said that there are too many settings and they're
poorly organised.

I perceive settings as either;

- a few 'user settings', which a user may want to modify whilst using
the frontend. These should be moved to menus/screens to be more
accessible.

- mostly 'configuration settings', which the admin sets once and
then rarely revisits. These should move to a service/browser-based
solution, which would be easier to navigate and maintain. They would
fit happily alongside the mythtv-setup replacement in a one-stop
configuration page.