Curious to know if anyone is able to play music files in MythMusic on
the Firestick 4k?

I can get it to play but the playback is badly broken/choppy. Playing
the same files on the Nvidia shield plays OK. Strangely playing back
radio streams works fine. Audio when playing recordings/videos seems to
work OK but the longest I've got it to playback is about 8 minutes
before it locks up or crashes but the audio plays fine up to then.

Paul H.

Re: Firestick 4k music playback [ In reply to ]
On 26/12/2018 11:22, Paul Harrison wrote:
> Curious to know if anyone is able to play music files in MythMusic on
> the Firestick 4k?
>

> I can get it to play but the playback is badly broken/choppy. Playing
> the same files on the Nvidia shield plays OK. Strangely playing back
> radio streams works fine. Audio when playing recordings/videos seems to
> work OK but the longest I've got it to playback is about 8 minutes
> before it locks up or crashes but the audio plays fine up to then.
>

> Paul H.

I'm afraid all my tests with the firestick 4K have been with Peter's
build of frontend, without the plugins. But now I'm not able to
download it, getting only a 33B file that reads 'The requested file was
not found'. Has it timed out, or am I doing something stupid?

https://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/generic/mythtv_30/android_32/:mythfrontend-20181124-arm-v30-Pre-983-gca71c59e61a.apk

John P
Re: Firestick 4k music playback [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 26 Dec 2018, at 11:54, John Pilkington wrote:

> I'm afraid all my tests with the firestick 4K have been with Peter's
> build of frontend, without the plugins. But now I'm not able to
> download it, getting only a 33B file that reads 'The requested file was
> not found'. Has it timed out, or am I doing something stupid?
>
> https://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/generic/mythtv_30/android_32/:mythfrontend-20181124-arm-v30-Pre-983-gca71c59e61a.apk

There's a stray colon that has somehow crept into your link.
It should read:

<https://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/generic/mythtv_30/android_32/mythfrontend-20181124-arm-v30-Pre-983-gca71c59e61a.apk>
https://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/generic/mythtv_30/android_32/mythfrontend-20181124-arm-v30-Pre-983-gca71c59e61a.apk

Interestingly I just used firefox's "copy link" command and had exactly the same thing happen :-)
Re: Firestick 4k music playback [ In reply to ]
On 26/12/2018 12:00, George Poulson wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Dec 2018, at 11:54, John Pilkington wrote:
>>
>> I'm afraid all my tests with the firestick 4K have been with Peter's
>> build of frontend, without the plugins.  But now I'm not able to
>> download it, getting only a 33B file that reads 'The requested file was
>> not found'.  Has it timed out, or am I doing something stupid?
>>
>> https://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/generic/mythtv_30/android_32/:mythfrontend-20181124-arm-v30-Pre-983-gca71c59e61a.apk
>
> There's a stray colon that has somehow crept into your link.
> It should read:
>
> <https://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/generic/mythtv_30/android_32/mythfrontend-20181124-arm-v30-Pre-983-gca71c59e61a.apk>
> https://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/generic/mythtv_30/android_32/mythfrontend-20181124-arm-v30-Pre-983-gca71c59e61a.apk
>
> Interestingly I just used firefox's "copy link" command and had exactly
> the same thing happen :-)

Strange. That's what I used to paste that link, and yesterday I tried
from Firefox in kubuntu 18.04 to 'Save link', which also gave a 33B file.

Apologies for the hijack!

Re: Firestick 4k music playback [ In reply to ]
On 26/12/2018 11:22, Paul Harrison wrote:
> Curious to know if anyone is able to play music files in MythMusic on
> the Firestick 4k?
>

> I can get it to play but the playback is badly broken/choppy. Playing
> the same files on the Nvidia shield plays OK. Strangely playing back
> radio streams works fine. Audio when playing recordings/videos seems to
> work OK but the longest I've got it to playback is about 8 minutes
> before it locks up or crashes but the audio plays fine up to then.
>

> Paul H.

The workaround for the audio problem is to enable "Override SRC quality"
and set it to fastest. Any other setting causes audio problems for me,
even on some video files.

Paul H.