for the new Image gallery. Doesn't look like they have been converted
over to the new settings yet so are still using the old Qt settings
pages. The only way out seems to be to press Home to close the FE.

The second is whenever the web browser is shown the area for the web
browser is blank unless you press something to like menu.

So basically anything that causes a new window to be shown above the FE
one will cause problems.

Paul H.

Re: Android lockup when showing the new gallery's settings [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 12:55:09 +0000
Paul Harrison <mythtv@sky.com> wrote:

> While testing the Android build on FireTV 4k I came across a couple of
> lockups/problems. The first is when trying to open the settings pages
> for the new Image gallery. Doesn't look like they have been converted
> over to the new settings yet so are still using the old Qt settings
> pages. The only way out seems to be to press Home to close the FE.

Well spotted. Looks like it's been broken for a while.
I'll fix it over the next few days.

> So basically anything that causes a new window to be shown above the
> FE one will cause problems.

I've seen mention of that before. Is it just Myth windows that cause
problems ? Or can Android not handle multi-windowed apps at all ?
Re: Android lockup when showing the new gallery's settings [ In reply to ]
On 12/24/18 1:31 PM, Roger Siddons wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 12:55:09 +0000
> Paul Harrison <mythtv@sky.com> wrote:
>
>> While testing the Android build on FireTV 4k I came across a couple of
>> lockups/problems. The first is when trying to open the settings pages
>> for the new Image gallery. Doesn't look like they have been converted
>> over to the new settings yet so are still using the old Qt settings
>> pages. The only way out seems to be to press Home to close the FE.
>>
> Well spotted. Looks like it's been broken for a while.
> I'll fix it over the next few days.
>
>> So basically anything that causes a new window to be shown above the
>> FE one will cause problems.
>>
> I've seen mention of that before. Is it just Myth windows that cause
> problems ? Or can Android not handle multi-windowed apps at all ?

The only way to use the old settings with android was to change to the
QT painter, change the settings, and change the painter back to opengl
so that playback can work. I don't know if this procedure still works.

Re: Android lockup when showing the new gallery's settings [ In reply to ]
On 24/12/2018 18:31, Roger Siddons wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 12:55:09 +0000
> Paul Harrison <mythtv@sky.com> wrote:
>
>> While testing the Android build on FireTV 4k I came across a couple of
>> lockups/problems. The first is when trying to open the settings pages
>> for the new Image gallery. Doesn't look like they have been converted
>> over to the new settings yet so are still using the old Qt settings
>> pages. The only way out seems to be to press Home to close the FE.
>>
> Well spotted. Looks like it's been broken for a while.
> I'll fix it over the next few days.

For reference just spotted this in trac.

https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10092#comment:46

You might want to speak to Jonatan to see how far he has got with this.

Paul H.