much to hope that they will appear?

Happy Christmas!

John P

Re: Schema 1350 and Android builds [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 10:17:43AM +0000, John Pilkington wrote:
> After the schema upgrade I suppose new builds will be needed. Is it too
> much to hope that they will appear?

The current Android builds ignore protocol and schema mismatches so
are unaffected. I was unaware of that myself until this week. It
will be a problem eventually that we really do need to address.

David
--
David Engel
david@istwok.net
Re: Schema 1350 and Android builds [ In reply to ]
On 21/12/2018 15:33, David Engel wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 10:17:43AM +0000, John Pilkington wrote:
>> After the schema upgrade I suppose new builds will be needed. Is it too
>> much to hope that they will appear?
>
> The current Android builds ignore protocol and schema mismatches so
> are unaffected. I was unaware of that myself until this week. It
> will be a problem eventually that we really do need to address.
>
> David

OK, thanks for that info. I'll tiptoe into updating the other boxes;
carefully.

John
Re: Schema 1350 and Android builds [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 21 Dec 2018 at 15:56, John Pilkington <johnpilk222@gmail.com> wrote:

> > The current Android builds ignore protocol and schema mismatches so
> > are unaffected. I was unaware of that myself until this week. It
> > will be a problem eventually that we really do need to address.
> >
> > David
> >
> OK, thanks for that info. I'll tiptoe into updating the other boxes;
> carefully.

Apologies for posting this as I'm sure that this information must be out
there somewhere, but try as I might I can't locate it.
Would someone please be kind enough to provide me with a link to these
development android builds?
Many thanks,
George
Re: Schema 1350 and Android builds [ In reply to ]
On 21/12/2018 16:10, George Poulson wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Dec 2018 at 15:56, John Pilkington <johnpilk222@gmail.com
> <mailto:johnpilk222@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> > The current Android builds ignore protocol and schema mismatches so
> > are unaffected.  I was unaware of that myself until this week.  It
> > will be a problem eventually that we really do need to address.
> >
> > David
> >
> OK, thanks for that info.  I'll tiptoe into updating the other boxes;
> carefully.
>

> Apologies for posting this as I'm sure that this information must be out
> there somewhere, but try as I might I can't locate it.
> Would someone please be kind enough to provide me with a link to these
> development android builds?
> Many thanks,
> George

I believe the search engines select what to show by taking account of
what they think they know about you. Try

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Android

The link to the packages is in the "Setup on Android" paragraph.

John

Re: Schema 1350 and Android builds [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 21 Dec 2018 at 17:00, John Pilkington <johnpilk222@gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe the search engines select what to show by taking account of
> what they think they know about you. Try
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Android
>
> The link to the packages is in the "Setup on Android" paragraph.

That's just what I'd been searching for (without success :-/ )
Many thanks!
Re: Schema 1350 and Android builds [ In reply to ]
On 21/12/2018 15:33, David Engel wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 10:17:43AM +0000, John Pilkington wrote:
>> After the schema upgrade I suppose new builds will be needed. Is it too
>> much to hope that they will appear?
>
> The current Android builds ignore protocol and schema mismatches so
> are unaffected. I was unaware of that myself until this week. It
> will be a problem eventually that we really do need to address.
>
> David

OK, thanks for that info. I'll tiptoe into updating the other boxes;
carefully.

----------------

The builds of 30.Pre.1047.gaea1635b95 for both el7 and F28 are installed
and working on FE/BE boxes, and
mythfrontend-20181124-arm-v30-Pre-983-gca71c59e61a is working well in
the firestick 4K with the F28 backend, using software decoding for both
SD and HD recordings from UK DVB-T/T2 and driving a 1920*1080 TV,
apparently at 1080p 60 Hz.

It would be interesting to know what causes the problem with hardware
decoding, and the reported loads on the 4 cpus are higher than I would
like, but what I have at present seems excellent. Thank you.

John
Re: Schema 1350 and Android builds [ In reply to ]
The builds of 30.Pre.1047.gaea1635b95 for both el7 and F28 are installed
and working on FE/BE boxes, and
mythfrontend-20181124-arm-v30-Pre-983-gca71c59e61a is working well in
the firestick 4K with the F28 backend, using software decoding for both
SD and HD recordings from UK DVB-T/T2 and driving a 1920*1080 TV,
apparently at 1080p 60 Hz.

It would be interesting to know what causes the problem with hardware
decoding, and the reported loads on the 4 cpus are higher than I would
like, but what I have at present seems excellent. Thank you.

_______

Perhaps I should add that it's not quite 'practically perfect', although
this particular defect is unrelated to the MythTV frontend.

I just watched an HD recording via uPnP and VLC-for-Android, and panning
shots were noticeably jerky, but not torn. This was on my daughter's
TV, on which that mode is at present the only one available, from a
twonky uPnP server in NAS. An smb option is visible too, but I'm
currently having difficulty getting VLC to accept that connection; it
works on my system.

Amazon Movies Prime and other mainstream sources are on offer and may
work better. I haven't seen much of them.

John