My problen in particular is that some Oz channels transmit h264 which I cannot transcode (mythtranscode fails) is this due to missing codecs?

Thanks
James
Re: codecs [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2018-12-17 at 11:00 +0800, James Linder wrote:
> Hi
>
> sorry to trouble the list, I’ve saerched and searched but found
> nothing.
>
> I build myth from src.
> After config I get
>
> # External Codec Options
> mp3lame no
> xvid no
> x264 no
> x265 (HEVC) no
> vpx no
> SDL2 no
>
> What are external codecs for?
>
> My problen in particular is that some Oz channels transmit h264 which
> I cannot transcode (mythtranscode fails) is this due to missing
> codecs?

You can enable support for those codecs with additional arguments to
configure:

External codec library options (used for mythffmpeg and streaming
transcode):
--enable-libmp3lame enable MP3 encoding via libmp3lame [no]
--enable-libx264 enable H.264 encoding via x264 [no]
--enable-libx265 enable H.265 encoding via x265 [no]
--enable-libvpx enable VP8 encoding via libvpx [no]
--enable-libxvid enable Xvid encoding via xvidcore,
native MPEG-4/Xvid encoder exists [no]

David

Re: codecs [ In reply to ]
On 17/12/2018 03:00, James Linder wrote:
> Hi
>
> sorry to trouble the list, I’ve saerched and searched but found nothing.
>
> I build myth from src.
> After config I get
>
> # External Codec Options
> mp3lame no
> xvid no
> x264 no
> x265 (HEVC) no
> vpx no
> SDL2 no
>
> What are external codecs for?
>
> My problen in particular is that some Oz channels transmit h264 which I cannot transcode (mythtranscode fails) is this due to missing codecs?

The failure of mythtranscode on h264 content is not related
to these extra codecs.

Support for (lossless) transcode of h264 content, still need
to be written.

Regards
Stuart