Mailing List Archive

MacOSX frontend
Hi
my main frontend is mac, but the backend is linux.
I built from git: mythbackend version: fixes/29 [v29.1-15-g280138b] www.mythtv.org

I searched and searched finally found a frontend (dmg IIRC) fixes/29 [v29.1-15-g280138b] www.mythtv.org

I’ve been tiding up my video directory and have been plaguing the users list, both how the meta data works and about file hashes (Which IMHO are a foolish solution to a very easy problem)
(Tracking down WHY a file wont scan THEN resolving it has taken hours for each of several issues)

One of the users pointed to https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_Frontend#Metadata_Settings

After a bit It became clear that my frontend does not have all the metadata settings that the wiki lists, more frustrating is *sometimes* a scan results in a hint of what should be:

http://tigger.ws/showmyth.png

My questions are:
Why are mac (frontends) so rare and hard to get? Macports (thanks Craig) goes to 0.28 but not 29. Sourceforge peters out in 2016.
Shall I just hammeraway until I have a build?

Thanks
James