should be

for i in
$MYTHINSTALLROOT/lib/libmyth{archive,netvision,news,browser,game,music}.so \

that gets the plugin .so's added to the apk but the plugin menu items
still don't show which would mean either the .so can't be found by the
frontend or they are failing to load for some reason. How do I see the
frontend.log to try to debug this?

Paul H.
Re: Android plugin install [ In reply to ]
On 28/11/2018 13:34, Paul Harrison wrote:
> ./mythbuild.sh --plugins doesn't appear to be working.
>

> There is a typo here :-
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/blob/master/android/mythbuild.sh#L274
>
> for i in
> $MYTHINSTALLROOT/lib/libmythpluginmyth{archive,netvision,news,browser,game,music}.so
> \
>
> should be
>
> for i in
> $MYTHINSTALLROOT/lib/libmyth{archive,netvision,news,browser,game,music}.so \
>

> that gets the plugin .so's added to the apk but the plugin menu items
> still don't show which would mean either the .so can't be found by the
> frontend or they are failing to load for some reason. How do I see the
> frontend.log to try to debug this?

Like this?

http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2018-November/398371.html

Re: Android plugin install [ In reply to ]
On 28/11/2018 13:34, Paul Harrison wrote:

> ./mythbuild.sh --plugins doesn't appear to be working.
>

> There is a typo here :-
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/blob/master/android/mythbuild.sh#L274
>
> for i in
> $MYTHINSTALLROOT/lib/libmythpluginmyth{archive,netvision,news,browser,game,music}.so
> \
>
> should be
>
> for i in
> $MYTHINSTALLROOT/lib/libmyth{archive,netvision,news,browser,game,music}.so
> \
>

> that gets the plugin .so's added to the apk but the plugin menu items
> still don't show which would mean either the .so can't be found by the
> frontend or they are failing to load for some reason. How do I see the
> frontend.log to try to debug this?
>

> Paul H.

A better fix is to add

android {
    # to discriminate plugins in a flat directory structure
    TARGET = mythplugin$${TARGET}
}

to the various plugin .pro files so they get renamed in a similar way to
the filters?

Paul H.
Re: Android plugin install [ In reply to ]
On 11/29/2018 2:09 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:

> On 28/11/2018 13:34, Paul Harrison wrote:
>>
>> ./mythbuild.sh --plugins doesn't appear to be working.
>>

>> There is a typo here :-
>>
>> https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/blob/master/android/mythbuild.sh#L274
>>
>> for i in
>> $MYTHINSTALLROOT/lib/libmythpluginmyth{archive,netvision,news,browser,game,music}.so
>> \
>>
>> should be
>>
>> for i in
>> $MYTHINSTALLROOT/lib/libmyth{archive,netvision,news,browser,game,music}.so
>> \
>>

>> that gets the plugin .so's added to the apk but the plugin menu items
>> still don't show which would mean either the .so can't be found by
>> the frontend or they are failing to load for some reason. How do I
>> see the frontend.log to try to debug this?
>>

>> Paul H.
>>

> A better fix is to add
>
> android {
>     # to discriminate plugins in a flat directory structure
>     TARGET = mythplugin$${TARGET}
> }
>

> to the various plugin .pro files so they get renamed in a similar way
> to the filters?

This is a good change. Or just rename the files on deploy.

Both should work.

Mark