on Android systems ionly the day and month. Since I have shows with old
dates I like to know how old they are when watching.

Do you have any ideas on this? I assume some sort of default date format
from the operating system is being used and I don't know if that can be
updated on Android. If you have any pointers let me know, otherwise I
will dig into the code. Hopefully QT will be able to furnish a local
date format to use that includes the year.

Peter
Re: Android/Shield Steppes theme and dates [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 2:57 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi John
>
> I have been using the shield daily for a couple of months now as a
> frontend and it has worked very well.
>
> I noticed a couple of days ago that the record date and original air
> date displayed in the program list only show day and month. The year is
> missing. I found that on all Linux systems it includes the full date but
> on Android systems ionly the day and month. Since I have shows with old
> dates I like to know how old they are when watching.
>
> Do you have any ideas on this? I assume some sort of default date format
> from the operating system is being used and I don't know if that can be
> updated on Android. If you have any pointers let me know, otherwise I
> will dig into the code. Hopefully QT will be able to furnish a local
> date format to use that includes the year.

The date and time formats are stored in mythconverg.settings on a *per host
*setting. Are you sure the setting for your Shield frontend is the way you
want it?

I just verified that the year is showing on my Shield.

John
Re: Android/Shield Steppes theme and dates [ In reply to ]
On 11/23/18 5:02 PM, John P Poet wrote:
> The date and time formats are stored in mythconverg.settings on a *per
> host *setting.  Are you sure the setting for your Shield frontend is
> the way you want it?
>
> I just verified that the year is showing on my Shield.
>
> John

That fixes it, thank you. I have never changed that setting, I did not
realize it was there. Probably Android comes with a different default
and the Linux default was always OK for me.

Peter