anything that turns out to be broken in 30.0.

Please let us know of any comments or suggestions around this.

Peter
Re: V30 release [ In reply to ]
Will mythweb be obsoleted with this release?

Thanks,
Richard
Re: V30 release [ In reply to ]
On 11/10/18 9:55 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> Will mythweb be obsoleted with this release?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

Mythweb will still be included.
Re: V30 release [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 4:19 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please let us know of any comments or suggestions around this.

Any chance one of the usual suspects can submit
a Coverity scan build of the current MythTV master?
Might be nice to see if there are any interesting
issues before the upcoming release (I believe the
last build was over a year ago). Historically Coverity
has found some things that cppcheck/scan-build
has not.
Re: V30 release [ In reply to ]
> Wiadomo?? napisana przez Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> w dniu 09.11.2018, o godz. 17:18:
>

> We would like to create the V30 release in early December, either Dec 3rd or Dec 10th. I suggest creating V30.0 at that time, and V30.1 later but in time for the April release of Ubuntu, to include fixes for anything that turns out to be broken in 30.0.
>
> Please let us know of any comments or suggestions around this.
>
> Peter

Guys,

For me big wish will be include #12809 in v30.

#12683 is also nice - but requires themes change so less hopes for it…
(it is themes backward compatible so including #12683 is not a immediate problem but...)

br

Re: V30 release [ In reply to ]
Peter Bennett wrote:
> We would like to create the V30 release in early December, either Dec
> 3rd or Dec 10th. I suggest creating V30.0 at that time, and V30.1
> later but in time for the April release of Ubuntu, to include fixes
> for anything that turns out to be broken in 30.0.
>
> Please let us know of any comments or suggestions around this.

early December is already over. Is there a new MythTV 30 scheduled
release date?

I would like to test the DVB T2 HD HEVC functionality in MythTV 30, so
that the German DVB T2 HD users can use MythTV 30 with all unencrypted
broadcasts (also with 5.1 audio). This should work in MythTV 30, because
the needed functionality is in FFmpeg 3.4 which is included in MythTV
30, but I should test it. Which is the preferred Git branch for testing
the upcoming 30 release? v30-Pre?

See https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13211

Greetings,
Björn

Re: V30 release [ In reply to ]
On 12/16/18 7:07 AM, Bjoern Voigt wrote:

> I would like to test the DVB T2 HD HEVC functionality in MythTV 30, so that the German DVB T2 HD users can use MythTV 30 with all unencrypted
> broadcasts (also with 5.1 audio). This should work in MythTV 30, because the needed functionality is in FFmpeg 3.4 which is included in MythTV
> 30, but I should test it. Which is the preferred Git branch for testing the upcoming 30 release? v30-Pre?

Do a: git checkout master. As of this email: git describe will show the tag and commit:
v30-Pre-1010-g98156d696b

--
Bill
Re: V30 release [ In reply to ]
Bill Meek wrote:
> On 12/16/18 7:07 AM, Bjoern Voigt wrote:
>>
>> I would like to test the DVB T2 HD HEVC functionality in MythTV 30,
>> so that the German DVB T2 HD users can use MythTV 30 with all
>> unencrypted broadcasts (also with 5.1 audio). This should work in
>> MythTV 30, because the needed functionality is in FFmpeg 3.4 which is
>> included in MythTV 30, but I should test it. Which is the preferred
>> Git branch for testing the upcoming 30 release? v30-Pre?
>
> Do a: git checkout master. As of this email: git describe will show
> the tag and commit:
> v30-Pre-1010-g98156d696b

thanks.

I tested MythTV v30-Pre-1011-g7d6974a9b6 (master branch). Watching
German DVB T2 HD (HEVC) live TV and recordings works, but only without
VDPAU. With VDPAU (tested with VDPAU High Quality) profile (which I
already configured with MythTV 29) playback crashes during start:

See https://pastebin.com/DYxWELE9

Other playback profiles (tested: High Quality, OpenGL High Quality) work
with German DVB T2 HD (HEVC). Also H264 works with VDPAU, but H265/HEVC
fails with VDPAU.

My setup:
- v30-Pre-1010-g98156d696b (master branch from 2018-12-16)
- openSUSE Tumbleweed
- Nvidia driver 410.78 with Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti

Greetings,
Björn
Re: V30 release [ In reply to ]
On 12/17/18 3:38 PM, Bjoern Voigt wrote:
> Bill Meek wrote:
>> On 12/16/18 7:07 AM, Bjoern Voigt wrote:
>>>
>>> I would like to test the DVB T2 HD HEVC functionality in MythTV 30,
>>> so that the German DVB T2 HD users can use MythTV 30 with all
>>> unencrypted broadcasts (also with 5.1 audio). This should work in
>>> MythTV 30, because the needed functionality is in FFmpeg 3.4 which
>>> is included in MythTV 30, but I should test it. Which is the
>>> preferred Git branch for testing the upcoming 30 release? v30-Pre?
>>
>> Do a: git checkout master. As of this email: git describe will show
>> the tag and commit:
>> v30-Pre-1010-g98156d696b
>
> thanks.
>
> I tested MythTV v30-Pre-1011-g7d6974a9b6 (master branch). Watching
> German DVB T2 HD (HEVC) live TV and recordings works, but only without
> VDPAU. With VDPAU (tested with VDPAU High Quality) profile (which I
> already configured with MythTV 29) playback crashes during start:
>
> See https://pastebin.com/DYxWELE9
>
> Other playback profiles (tested: High Quality, OpenGL High Quality)
> work with German DVB T2 HD (HEVC). Also H264 works with VDPAU, but
> H265/HEVC fails with VDPAU.
>
> My setup:
> - v30-Pre-1010-g98156d696b (master branch from 2018-12-16)
> - openSUSE Tumbleweed
> - Nvidia driver 410.78 with Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti
>
> Greetings,
> Björn

I tried it and confirm that it core dumps on h265. I am working on
nvdec, which is nvidia's new decoding API. In the meantime I recommend
you use an OpenGL playback profile for h265. You can create a custom
profile that uses opengl for h265 and vdpau for others. Also, I have
found that VDPAU does not work for anything bigger than 1920x1080. The
new nvdec will work for h265 as well as 4K video.

Peter