the RCA. For movies my RCA connection is ok, but for the X desktop, you see a
lot of noise.

Any comments/ideas to clean this up.

Re: Slightly OT - SVideo vs RCA [ In reply to ]
Well I have the same video card as you and I have a y adapter for either Y/C (S-video) or composite video (RCA)...not all Gforce 2MX have this. I don't notice much difference in quality. There isn't a way of converting the signal without building some hardware for this (not worth it), if your Geforce doesn't output it already. Your best bet is to use the nvtv driver and play around with flicker filter and such.

thanks,
Chris