/usr/lib/qt-3.0.3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.0
/usr/lib/qt-3.0.3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.0.3
So I added another -L to the mythdialog Makefile to fix it and put
-L/usr/lib/qt-3.0.3/lib/
It still gives me the error though when I run make that /usr/bin/ld
cannot find it. Please Assist me!!.
Thanks,
Andrew
Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
I figured it out myself. The problem was that the libqt-mt.so.3 file had
the tailing 3 so I symlinked it with libqt-mt.so and then ran the
Makefile and it compiled that subdir but other subdirs use that lib
as well so other subdir needed the -L/usr/lib/qt-3.0.3/lib added too.

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
K, I got it all compiled with 0 errors. The problem now is that when I
run mythtv it says

[adeponte@redtux adeponte]$ mythtv
mythtv: error while loading shared libraries: libmp3lame.so.0: cannot

If I make a symlink to /usr/local/lib/libmp3lame.so.0 in my home
directory then when I run mythtv it finds it libmp3lame.so.0 but then I
get the following. It also does the following if I just add
/usr/local/lib to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. It looks
like I have got it to find the library using LD_LIBRARY_PATH but the
problem seems to be the permissions for the database in MySQL. Can
someone tell me the proper permissions that are required by the software
and the fact that the QMYSQL3 driver is not loaded and please help me
with why its not loaded or where it is. I am some what familiar with
MySQL in Perl but not in QMYSQL3. Please Help!

[adeponte@redtux adeponte]$ mythtv
QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
Couldn't open database
Probed: Television
Probed: Composite1
Probed: S-Video
QSqlQuery::exec: database not open
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
Cannot open output.nuv for writing

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
check this page out...it will explain how to get that Qt module loaded

http://doc.trolltech.com/3.0/sql-driver.html#QMYSQL3

peace

Chris

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 21 July 2002 03:23 pm, Andrew Deponte wrote:
> K, I got it all compiled with 0 errors. The problem now is that when I
> run mythtv it says
>
> [adeponte@redtux adeponte]$ mythtv
> mythtv: error while loading shared libraries: libmp3lame.so.0: cannot
>
> If I make a symlink to /usr/local/lib/libmp3lame.so.0 in my home
> directory then when I run mythtv it finds it libmp3lame.so.0 but then I
> get the following. It also does the following if I just add
> /usr/local/lib to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. It looks
> like I have got it to find the library using LD_LIBRARY_PATH

The "proper" fix is to add /usr/local/lib to your /etc/ld.so.conf and rerun
ldconfig.

> but the
> problem seems to be the permissions for the database in MySQL. Can
> someone tell me the proper permissions that are required by the software
> and the fact that the QMYSQL3 driver is not loaded and please help me
> with why its not loaded or where it is. I am some what familiar with
> MySQL in Perl but not in QMYSQL3. Please Help!

You don't have the qt mysql plugin installed, it's not a permissions problem.
Install it, and it should work. Your distribution probably has it in a
separate package.

> [adeponte@redtux adeponte]$ mythtv
> QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
> QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
> Couldn't open database
> Probed: Television
> Probed: Composite1
> Probed: S-Video
> QSqlQuery::exec: database not open
> Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
> Cannot open output.nuv for writing

You'll also need to edit the settings.txt file like the README says, as it
can't write to the file that's specified by the BufferName setting.

Isaac
Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
Actually I did compile it myself. I don't have any idea why those few
sos are in /usr/lib/. The stuff I installed is in /usr/local/qt. Thanks
for the page on the MySQL module.

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
When I do what the link tolled me to do I get the following.

[root@redtux mysql]# qmake -o Makefile "INCLUDEPATH+=/usr/local/include"
"LIBS+=-L/usr/local/lib -lmysqlclient" mysql.pro
[root@redtux mysql]# make
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O2 -fPIC -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_PLUGIN
-I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/qt/include
-I.moc/release-shared/ -I/usr/local/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o .obj/main.o
main.cpp
In file included from main.cpp:38:
../../../../src/sql/drivers/mysql/qsql_mysql.h:49:19: mysql.h: No such
file or directory
In file included from main.cpp:38:
../../../../src/sql/drivers/mysql/qsql_mysql.h:69: syntax error before
`*'
../../../../src/sql/drivers/mysql/qsql_mysql.h:107: syntax error before
`*'
make: *** [.obj/main.o] Error 1
[root@redtux mysql]#

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
K. I got that SQL QT thing compiled and installed and now when I run
mythtv I get the following. I think I need to set the proper
permisions for the database. Would somone please tell me what they are.
Either that or give me an idea of what they think is wrong!!

[adeponte@redtux adeponte]$ mythtv
Couldn't open database
Probed: Television
Probed: Composite1
Probed: S-Video
QSqlQuery::exec: database not open
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
open video:: Is a directory
VIDIOCSAUDIO: Bad file descriptor

[adeponte@redtux adeponte]$

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
K, Thanks for the reminder to check if it was running. That was the
problem I forgot to add it to my start up scripts. Now the problem
is that it says this when I run mythtv.

[root@redtux adeponte]# mythtv
Probed: Television
Probed: Composite1
Probed: S-Video
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
open video:: Is a directory
VIDIOCSAUDIO: Bad file descriptor

[root@redtux adeponte]#

Please help I want to see this thing run!! LOL!! You have been very
helpfull I would just like to thank all who have helped me with this.

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
I think my tv module is loaded see, this is my lsmod output. I am not
sure about the /dev filesystem. I think it is the new because I am
using red hat 7.3. Would you let me know where I might look. The
mythtv is using the correct device /dev/video0 becuase when it
starts up it probes it and finds there is a Television, Composite1,
and S-Video inputs on my card. That is given by the output of mythtv
which is below the lsmod output. Please help!!!

[root@redtux mythtv]# /sbin/lsmod
Module Size Used by Not tainted
emu10k1 63968 0 (autoclean)
ac97_codec 11936 0 (autoclean) [emu10k1]
sound 71916 0 (autoclean) [emu10k1]
soundcore 6692 7 (autoclean) [emu10k1 sound]
tuner 10436 1 (autoclean)
tvaudio 13632 0 (autoclean) (unused)
bttv 70560 0 (autoclean)
videodev 6624 2 (autoclean) [bttv]
i2c-algo-bit 8300 1 (autoclean) [bttv]
i2c-core 18720 0 (autoclean) [tuner tvaudio bttv
i2c-algo-bit]
binfmt_misc 7556 1
autofs 12132 0 (autoclean) (unused)
tulip 43104 1
ide-scsi 9664 0
scsi_mod 108608 1 [ide-scsi]
ide-cd 30272 0
cdrom 32224 0 [ide-cd]
usb-uhci 24452 0 (unused)
usbcore 73216 1 [usb-uhci]
ext3 67136 6
jbd 49400 6 [ext3]
[root@redtux mythtv]#

[root@redtux mythtv]# mythtv
Probed: Television
Probed: Composite1
Probed: S-Video

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
What I mean by the /dev filesystem is that in your /dev directory....you
will have a bunch of subdirectories like video, ide, etc. The non /dev file
system will have a huge amount of files...usually indicated by a yellow
color.

do this to test it out:

ls -la /dev/video

make sure the output is similar to this:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 11 Jul 17 12:04 /dev/video ->
/dev/video0

if it gives you a listing like a group of files...then you have the /dev
filesystem and you need to figure something else out

make sure you reboot as well just to make sure everything is refreshed...I
had a problem when i ran myth on a slower machine...myth would lock and
then I would get this. I would also pull the latest bttv driver (not the
0.8 version...the latest 0.7) and run the MAKEDEV script in there.

Chris

http://mail2web.com/ .
Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
K, I understand now here is the output of the ls command. I am using
a /dev fs with the subdirs. Is /dev/video hard coded somewhere. Is that
why it has this problem. If so why cant I just go in and change it to
/dev/video0 which is the video device I am using in the config file.
Please Help me out, anyone!!

[adeponte@redtux adeponte]$ ls -la /dev/video
total 92
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jun 15 02:57 .
drwxr-xr-x 18 root root 86016 Jul 23 16:25 ..
crw------- 1 adeponte root 10, 204 Apr 11 07:25 em8300
crw------- 1 adeponte root 10, 206 Apr 11 07:25 em8300_ma
crw------- 1 adeponte root 10, 205 Apr 11 07:25 em8300_mv
crw------- 1 adeponte root 10, 207 Apr 11 07:25 em8300_sp
[adeponte@redtux adeponte]$

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
K, I understand now here is the output of the ls command. I am using
a /dev fs with the subdirs. Is /dev/video hard coded somewhere. Is that
why it has this problem. If so why cant I just go in and change it to
/dev/video0 which is the video device I am using in the config file.
Please Help me out, anyone!!

Sure you can do exactly this...

1. grab this file...http://bytesex.org/bttv/bttv-0.7.94.tar.gz

2. unpack it and run the MAKEDEV script...this will create normal major/minor numbered devices in /dev

3. kill the devfsd (or whatever they call it) ....you also may want to run a system MAVEDEV to create all the other devices...a clear explaination of all this is here:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/view/3.3/chapter06/makedev.html

you should be good from there....

incidentally, it's not that devfs is bad, it is actually a better, more well-planned way to manage linux device nodes, but it has not gained universal favor 'yet'. If the above is not acceptable to you, then I would invite anyone else on this list to jump in and offer some alternatives. Please don't hesitate to correct me if I am wrong as well :)

Chris

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
K, Now I understand that the new better /dev wont work with mythTv but
could someone please tell me why it wont work with mythtv. I would
rather keep my current /dev filesystem and fix mythtv than change my
configuration. I am one of those people that doesn't like a lot of
dependencies. I am willing to fix mythtv if someone can explain to me
why it doesn't work.

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
K, I got the latest from CVS and compiled it and installed it and now
when I run mythtv it gives me this.

[root@redtux adeponte]# mythtv
Probed: Television
Probed: Composite1
Probed: S-Video
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV

Cannot open DSP, audio record thread exiting
Could not detect audio blocksize

Cannot open DSP, exiting
audio volume set to '32768'

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
K, I control-C ed it and the sound is playing from the TV card I jsut
dont see any video on my screen but I still get the DSP error as in
my previous message.

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
I removed all the files that were installed from the p3 install.
And compiled the CVS one and make installed it but it didn't put
a settings.txt file in /usr/local/share/mythtv directory. It put
helr.ttf in there but no settings.txt. So could you please tell
me what the name of the Audio device option is for the settings.txt
file since i dont see it doced anywhere.

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
K, my bad about the AudioDevice setting. How is it displayed. Do i have
to be root for it to display? Or what because I run mythtv as not root
and i hear the audio i just dont see visual and I get no error messages
or anything.

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
I also seem to get an error saying "strange error flushing buffer ..."
no matter if root or not.

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
Sorry for all the short messages I will stop that. K, If i run mythtv as
root I see the display but if I try to change the channel with the up
and down arrow keys the sound continues but the video freezes. Please
let me why you think this may be so I can fix it. I would also like
to no if it is possible to run the video at a smaller resolution so it
doesn't take up the entire screen. I am running my screen at 1600x1200
resolutino. Xawtv works perfectly and looks great. Mythtv has a bit
of flickering of sorts not really flicker but like little scratchy
things you got on your old tvs with the rabit ears back in the day.
I would appriciate your thoughts on that as well. You are using Xv for
output so I am thinking for the non-root running I would have to adjust
permisions on something. Well please let me know.
Thanks,
Andrew

Re: Question on compile!!! [ In reply to ]
The Database is empty, would that be a problem. I ran filldata
but it just outputs the following a bunch of times. So I manually
checked the database and no data had been added. I ran mythtv again
as non root and it displayed and I can pause/fastforward/rewind but
I can't change hte channel. And sometimes when I start mythtv the sound
comes on but nothing is displayed.

no element found at line 1, column 0, byte 0 at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux/XML/Parser.pm line 185