thing at midnight from any other time of day. But I couldn't see that
it was doing anything wrong.

Does anybody else have a problem with recording programs that start at
midnight?

--
Andrew.
Andrew M. Bishop amb@gedanken.demon.co.uk
http://www.gedanken.demon.co.uk/
Re: Problem recording shows startig at midnight [ In reply to ]
On Friday 11 October 2002 03:55 pm, Andrew M. Bishop wrote:
> I seem to be having a problem with mythtv when I want to record a
> program that starts exactly at midnight. I missed one program that I
> wanted so I made another test case with another program that started
> at midnight. Again nothing was recorded.
>
> There is some code in the main scheduling loop that does a different
> thing at midnight from any other time of day. But I couldn't see that
> it was doing anything wrong.
>
> Does anybody else have a problem with recording programs that start at
> midnight?

Ok, this _should_ now be fixed in CVS as well. The problem was that when the
scheduler was asked to generate a list of programs to be recorded, it'd cull
out anything that was to begin at or before the current system time. So when
it was asked at midnight (most likely about a second past midnight) to
regenerate its to-be-recorded list, it would remove the scheduled midnight
recording as it was now starting in the past.. Same thing would happen if
you managed to change the recording schedule at the exact same time a
recording was supposed to begin.

So, I just made the scheduler think it was a minute in the past before
generating the list of programs to record.. Should work, though it's
untested.

Isaac