What's the recommended GCC to use, is there one?

TIA

--The GrandMaster
Re: Building MythTV 0.5 [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 10 October 2002 11:05 pm, GrandMasterLee wrote:
> Can someone help me with my build problem? Errors are posted at
> http://digitalroadkill.net/public/mythtverrors.txt
>
> What's the recommended GCC to use, is there one?

Anything should work, provided you have a working QT install, which you don't.
Might've helped if you had included the link line in your error log, instead
of just the rather meaningless errors, too.

Isaac
Re: Building MythTV 0.5 [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 05:05, GrandMasterLee wrote:
> Can someone help me with my build problem? Errors are posted at
> http://digitalroadkill.net/public/mythtverrors.txt
>
> What's the recommended GCC to use, is there one?

I for one had to use the cvs version of mythtv to build it with gcc 3.2

// brian
Re: Building MythTV 0.5 [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 06:49, Brian Lund Larsen wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 05:05, GrandMasterLee wrote:
> > Can someone help me with my build problem? Errors are posted at
> > http://digitalroadkill.net/public/mythtverrors.txt
> >
> > What's the recommended GCC to use, is there one?
> >

> I for one had to use the cvs version of mythtv to build it with gcc 3.2

Ahhh...Ok. I will try that next then. Just been too busy to try it till
this weekend. TIA

Re: Building MythTV 0.5 [ In reply to ]
Where are the CVS info's? I can't seem to find the info on the site.

Re: Building MythTV 0.5 [ In reply to ]
On Friday 11 October 2002 11:59 pm, GrandMasterLee wrote:
> Where are the CVS info's? I can't seem to find the info on the site.

Well, I don't think you should be using CVS until you can compile the last
release..

Isaac
Re: Building MythTV 0.5 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 11:18:00PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:

> On Thursday 10 October 2002 11:05 pm, GrandMasterLee wrote:
> > Can someone help me with my build problem? Errors are posted at
> > http://digitalroadkill.net/public/mythtverrors.txt
> >
> > What's the recommended GCC to use, is there one?
>
> Anything should work, provided you have a working QT install, which you don't.
> Might've helped if you had included the link line in your error log, instead
> of just the rather meaningless errors, too.

Given the current (changing) state of the GCC C++ ABI, I would say that one
should definitely use the same version of GCC used to build QT. I can't get
to the URL listed above, so I can't comment on this particular situation.

--
- mdz
Re: Building MythTV 0.5 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2002-10-13 at 12:24, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 11:18:00PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
>
> > On Thursday 10 October 2002 11:05 pm, GrandMasterLee wrote:
> > > Can someone help me with my build problem? Errors are posted at
> > > http://digitalroadkill.net/public/mythtverrors.txt
> > >
> > > What's the recommended GCC to use, is there one?
> >
> > Anything should work, provided you have a working QT install, which you don't.
> > Might've helped if you had included the link line in your error log, instead
> > of just the rather meaningless errors, too.
>
> Given the current (changing) state of the GCC C++ ABI, I would say that one
> should definitely use the same version of GCC used to build QT. I can't get
> to the URL listed above, so I can't comment on this particular situation.

I think you can get to it now. I could just go back and re-build qt3.