If not, maybe these could be useful also to some other users ...

Regards,

Robert Rozman.
Re: Controlling/cooperation with mythtv from other applications [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 08 October 2002 01:17 pm, Robert Rozman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I like mythtv, but I have complex home automation/multimedia system so I'd
> like to use mythtv in combination with some other applications (Misterhouse
> as automation engine, Freevo as partial gui, mythtv as TV-pvr ...). Is
> there any chance to send/receive commands or events from/to mythtv to be
> able to integrate in other applications ?

Not really, no.

> How can I change overall look of mythtv - is it skinnable?

The menus and OSD are fully themeable. The program guide colors (category
background colors, overall background, text/etc) are fully customizeable, but
the feel can't change, aside from having a bar at the bottom showing the
current program title in a larger font or not. The rest of the UI can be
modified as much as Qt's theming system allows you, which is quite a bit with
respect to colors and widget styles, but the overall widget placement can't
changed without modifying the source.

Isaac
Re: Controlling/cooperation with mythtv from other applications [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 08 October 2002 02:10 pm, you wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 October 2002 01:17 pm, Robert Rozman wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I like mythtv, but I have complex home automation/multimedia system so
> > I'd like to use mythtv in combination with some other applications
> > (Misterhouse as automation engine, Freevo as partial gui, mythtv as
> > TV-pvr ...). Is there any chance to send/receive commands or events
> > from/to mythtv to be able to integrate in other applications ?
>
> Not really, no.

Well ... not to differ with Isaac, but there is one subtlety here. I've been
working on MythWeb (slowly, but it is coming). One of the stated goals of
that project is to build a set of basic services (proably web services on
port 80) that will use a simple XML-schema to do things like get listings,
flag a program for recording, etc. Don't get your hopes up though ... a 1.0
of the current mythWeb is still some distance away, and only after that will
I start seriously thinking about re-engineering the basic functionality as a
set of core services.

BR,

Thor

Thor Sigvaldason <thor@sigvaldason.com>
For my PGP/GnuPG public key, send an e-mail to thorskey@sigvaldason.com
Re: Controlling/cooperation with mythtv from other applications [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 08 October 2002 04:33 pm, Thor Sigvaldason wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 October 2002 02:10 pm, you wrote:
> > On Tuesday 08 October 2002 01:17 pm, Robert Rozman wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I like mythtv, but I have complex home automation/multimedia system so
> > > I'd like to use mythtv in combination with some other applications
> > > (Misterhouse as automation engine, Freevo as partial gui, mythtv as
> > > TV-pvr ...). Is there any chance to send/receive commands or events
> > > from/to mythtv to be able to integrate in other applications ?
> >
> > Not really, no.
>
> Well ... not to differ with Isaac, but there is one subtlety here. I've
> been working on MythWeb (slowly, but it is coming). One of the stated goals
> of that project is to build a set of basic services (proably web services
> on port 80) that will use a simple XML-schema to do things like get
> listings, flag a program for recording, etc. Don't get your hopes up though
> ... a 1.0 of the current mythWeb is still some distance away, and only
> after that will I start seriously thinking about re-engineering the basic
> functionality as a set of core services.

Yeah, but I figured he meant controlling mythtv itself.

Isaac